View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 How do I know if horse is Flat or Jumps horse? 
Selling plater

Post How do I know if horse is Flat or Jumps horse?
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a really silly question, but i'm used to playing flat racing only on SO, so jumps is all new to me. I have started a game with both flat and jumps combined, and i'm wondering how do I gauge whether a horse is a flat horse or a jumper? I've looked at horses I have in barn, both from beginning and what I have bought in auction and have looked at the stats for jumping ability and speed potential, but they all seem to be quite low. Do these improve once horses have ran in a jumps race, or are they fixed stats?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Gemma

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:48 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: How do I know if horse is Flat or Jumps horse?
Hi, Gemma

I'm no expert on the game but here's how I gauge if the horse can be a decent jumper or not. Firstly I go to "Training" and hover the cursor over the "i" in the grey box. This will give you a rating on Jumping, Agility & Starting. If jumping is average or good and you get the same for agility then a career over the jumps could be the way to go. This could definitely be a good option if the horse isn't cutting the mustard on the flat.
Then I watch the horse in the race to see if it has the aptitude for the jumps games by watching how slickly it jumps each fence/hurdle. If the horse clatters a number of hurdles/fences, I tend to go back to the drawing board, the drawing board being the Auction! :lol:

Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:37 pm
Group 1 winner

To be honest you cant tell until you try I would go by its Jumping Ability and Jump speed this is a good indicator if he will jump fences also check its Jumped rtg in the horses profile and lineage box again a good rating around 98% will be good for Fences. If your Playing Combined and you are transferring a horse to go jumping don't worry about the info on the Jumping Ability or Potential has he wont have any or none at all I find Flat horse can have no indication at all but can Jump Fine.

Gray

Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

thanks for replies. im finding the head lad feedback is helping me decide. ive got one that is 'good' on training page and has won big handicap at cheltenham so all is good :)

gemma

Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]