View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 New and trying to understand 
Selling plater

Post New and trying to understand
I remember playing this a very long time ago and recently started up again.

I remember I had this problem when I played before. I am not a racing fan, so I don't know really anything about the sport. I love these type of games and I love the depth of Starters Orders, so that is my interest.

I am in my 3rd year now and I can't get or keep good, competitive horses. I can get horses to win group 3 races, but they will lose and not just lose, but finish last in another group 3 race. I had a horse win 5 straight including a group 1 race, only to never be competitive in the next season at age 5.

I am spending 2 million on a 2 year old horse and have that horse struggle to finish past 3rd. What am I don't wrong? What should I be looking for or what can I do to find those top notch horses? Also, the buying price on the new 2 year olds, does this mean anything with how they perform? Meaning, should I be spending top dollars on a horse or can I find studs in the 200-300 grand range?

Thank you!

Tue May 31, 2016 7:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: New and trying to understand
cdidman14 wrote:
I remember playing this a very long time ago and recently started up again.

I remember I had this problem when I played before. I am not a racing fan, so I don't know really anything about the sport. I love these type of games and I love the depth of Starters Orders, so that is my interest.

I am in my 3rd year now and I can't get or keep good, competitive horses. I can get horses to win group 3 races, but they will lose and not just lose, but finish last in another group 3 race. I had a horse win 5 straight including a group 1 race, only to never be competitive in the next season at age 5.

I am spending 2 million on a 2 year old horse and have that horse struggle to finish past 3rd. What am I don't wrong? What should I be looking for or what can I do to find those top notch horses? Also, the buying price on the new 2 year olds, does this mean anything with how they perform? Meaning, should I be spending top dollars on a horse or can I find studs in the 200-300 grand range?

Thank you!

At the age of 5 some flat Horses start to lose form I am taking it you play the flat game what you should of done or can do if you still have it is retire to stud and breed it with the top horses in the breeding barn the Stud is where you can breed great game horses you will come across now and again some good Game bred horses but if you breed your horse with a top Game bred or even your best horses in a matter of a season you will have Group winners regularly.

Gray

Tue May 31, 2016 8:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Okay, so breeding is the way to build the best horses? I kinda figured that, it's just I don't know if I should be breeding group 3 winners or should I wait until I have a group 1 winner?

Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:22 pm
Selling plater

I bought the cheapest females at auction, if you're patient you can get a 75 to 80 rated filly well under 100K. Use your best stud and breed them while you shop for another filly. If the filly is between 3yo and 5yo race them in races where there are the fewest horses, less travel distance and you can make a small profit. If a filly wins keep her racing to max out her rating then retire her to breeding. I then shopped for studs, odds are better to buy 5 at 200K than 1 stud for 1 mil or more. Race the studs in cheap races and watch their ratings, if you get a bad one, resell it and buy another. Eventually you'll get a stud rated higher than the one breeding for you, add him but keep the first stud, you may find he may have paired up with a filly that produces well above both their capabilities, a grade 1 winner. The more horses you can breed the more you have to choose from to keep or sell, which is were the money is. Each season you will breed better horses than the year before. GL to ya!

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]