View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 SO7 Breeding frustrations 
Group 1 winner

Post SO7 Breeding frustrations
Firstly im never critical about anything in beta as there will be alot of changes coming

I have found a 90% potential sire who has covered 5 mares who range from
75-85 potential bar yet between them they have not even produced a yearling who has more
than 5% of potential its very frustrating you can see what i mean below on the left is the
offspring on the right the father and i have been breeding for 6 seasons not one yearling with
a higher potential bar than this.

I think for my sanity i will stop breeding for now as there is little point was just wondering
has anyone else done better in the breeding shed

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Post Re: SO7 Breeding frustrations
I had the same issue. One of my yearlings turned two and suddenly had around a 60-70% potential bar which his bar was around 20-30% as a yearling so the bars do seem to increase over time, but the rest of that crop were still stuck below 30%. While I can understand breeding is much more random now, it swings way too much toward the low end. I've been breeding something around 40-50 foals a season ... or was until my game started to crash and so far only one has been semi worthwhile ... and he still can't win in anything above a seller/claimer.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:40 am
Group 1 winner

I don’t have so much of a problem with this, all stallions in the game should have this higher potential or they shouldn’t be standing at stud, and not all stallions produce offspring as good as themselves. Particularly if they’ve only covered 5 mares.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:02 am
Site Admin

I am well aware of this and it will be looked at after the crashes are fixed.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:17 am
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
I don’t have so much of a problem with this, all stallions in the game should have this higher potential or they shouldn’t be standing at stud, and not all stallions produce offspring as good as themselves. Particularly if they’ve only covered 5 mares.

thats not how all of the other games in the series worked if you had a 90 % sire and 80 % mare youd get a 85% offspring
we are talking about the game not real life

& Mark thanks for reply I knew this had to be an error

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

But the game should be realistic, I think the extra difficulty is a great thing, Mark said the breeding will be less predictable and that’s good and so 90 breeding with 80 shouldn’t necessarily breed offspring of 85. The game shouldn’t be so easy that as soon as you start breeding we get group one winners, you’ve only been playing the game a few days, it would be too easy if you were having multiple group one winners already.
If you are looking at it mark, please don’t make it so easy like so6.

Thanks

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 pm
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
But the game should be realistic, I think the extra difficulty is a great thing, Mark said the breeding will be less predictable and that’s good and so 90 breeding with 80 shouldn’t necessarily breed offspring of 85. The game shouldn’t be so easy that as soon as you start breeding we get group one winners, you’ve only been playing the game a few days, it would be too easy if you were having multiple group one winners already.
If you are looking at it mark, please don’t make it so easy like so6.

Thanks

this is clearly a bug
i have 15 mares in the barn now and its the same they produce 5% yearlings never more than that even when you
sell them as 2yo's even though sire and dam are both G1 winners they make 10 - 40,000 when the gamebred 2yos have G1 x G1
they go for 1.3 million.

I'm all for making the breeding a little more random but making it a complete pot luck raffle draw maybe what you'd be happy
with sounds like a complete nightmare to me to me if a sire has 10 foals 6 should be worse than the sire 3 around the same and 1 slightly better
and say 1 times in a hundred potentially a lot better than the sire.

The way you want it what is the point in studying the stud book looking at performances of sires on the track looking at what there progeny have done
just send your mare to a selling plater and hope you have the lucky ticket.

The thing is different people want different things from the game and we need to think about everyone not just ourselves.
Mark always finds a happy medium

on another note did you make it to Brazil its an amazing country my brother was there for 6 months

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I didn’t mean to make it a random draw, of course you should be able to look at stud records and base a stallion on its performances, but I mean that all stallions ok the game should have high ability as only the best get retired to stud, but not all stallions should be producing group one winning offsprings, some very good horses don’t make great stallions and some not as great horses make great stallions.

I made it once for a holiday thanks, it is a beautiful country for sure!

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:43 pm
Group 3 winner

I think it shouldn't be as simple as maths, the horses should be able to bank certain abilities that get released furthur on down the line, so after 3 gens a horse might get its grand parents ability, that way u keep breeding to find the one. Got to admit i've not touched the breeding side of the game yet so i'll let everyone else do their heads in before I play :lol:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:35 pm
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
I didn’t mean to make it a random draw, of course you should be able to look at stud records and base a stallion on its performances, but I mean that all stallions ok the game should have high ability as only the best get retired to stud, but not all stallions should be producing group one winning offsprings, some very good horses don’t make great stallions and some not as great horses make great stallions.

I made it once for a holiday thanks, it is a beautiful country for sure!

Ya seems to be an amazing place my bro was there for 6 months with work he loved it

ghosty wrote:
I think it shouldn't be as simple as maths, the horses should be able to bank certain abilities that get released furthur on down the line, so after 3 gens a horse might get its grand parents ability, that way u keep breeding to find the one. Got to admit i've not touched the breeding side of the game yet so i'll let everyone else do their heads in before I play :lol:

No point breeding at the min John it does not work

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

QWSA & Ghosty, I completely agree with you. Why should a Stallion with a rating of 90 and mare of 80 produce offspring rated 85? I know its a game but I want the game to play out as close to reality as possible.

Take for example Excelebration. This horse was a a multiple G1 winner and would have won many more if a certain wonder horse wasn't around. Apart from Barney Roy, his offspring (100+ of them) are basically all handicappers. Also why should all such offspring sell for $1.3M or more? This certainly doesn't happen in real life racing.

If the breeding is kept as it is? I will play the online league when it switches to SO7. Surely current league players want many more new players getting involved...or maybe not?

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:04 pm
Selling plater

Just started playing, have barely touched the breeding part yet. Found a couple of G1 winning mares and two G1 winning colts. When I look at their stats, they are pretty much awful.
In so6 or so5 one of these would not even come close to winning a G1 race. To make it more simplemistic I will only state out the potential bar for now. Im more than happy if the overal potential bar is lower to start of with, makes it more of a challenge to see the bars raise breedings after breedings.
The big "but" as of right now for me is; it looks completely random, I can't find a real pattern so far what will breed me "better than average". Im only looking to breed better than average, not to find monsters inmidiately!

That will bring us to the next subject. I completely agree with what you people state out. Not every stallion should produce good offspring, as in reallife. To get the breeding side of the game more random is also completely fine to me. But again there need to be something that we can hold on to!

Last edited by Nick dl on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:30 pm
Selling plater

Completely agree that it is good to see some random results in terms of breeding. however when i breed 50 decent mares to group 1 horses i would expect something that can at least win a seller but currently not had one horae rated over about 25% in potential rating so must not be working currently.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:30 pm
Handicapper

Yeah, I see where you're coming from Jimma, you'd expect a couple of top class handicappers or listed class beasts at the very least.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:47 pm
Handicapper

I'm glad I saw this! Now I know not to get too invested in the breeding side of the game until it's been fixed.

On a vaguely related note, seeing those screenshots made me realise how much I appreciated the mod that added gradations to the stat bars so you could read them more precisely. If that's not added to the official game I think I'll make a mod for this because I know I really relied on it.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next