View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding diary
its become too much of searching for a needle in a haystack but it is what it is

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I've played around 40 seasons on the flat and I have about 30 horses in my league barn, i've not added one in ages and i've not added 1 horse to my jumps barn. I'm looking on the bright side and I won't have to run any trials :lol: Yesterday I might have finally bred a decent flat horse though i've given up on worrying about the potential bar.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 pm
Site Admin

A bug has just been found that can limit potential. I'm not sure of the extent of the effect of this. Unfortunatly it missed today's patch but I'll get it live soon.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:33 pm
Handicapper

Yay! Also have been starting to notice that potential was filling in slower now my first big crop is 2 and racing. With fewer horses in my first two crops, was unsure if it was enough data points, or just them.

And since 0.096 isn't actually up on the download server yet ... :)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:46 pm
Handicapper

Dark green potential looks a bit better in patch 97. Actually had some foals with around 50 DG this time around :shock:

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:10 pm
Handicapper

So fewer of these:
(my second yearling in 0.095, and a common look)

.. and it needs to be a new foal? at least popping into the yearling barn in 0.096 right?

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 pm
Group 2 winner

All I can see here is, we've gone from people who can manipulate the programme files having a big advantage, To people who have the most time to play having an insurmountable advantage. This has literally got to a point here, where because the breeding is so difficult (an I like that to an extent), it's all about time played.

The reason for this being, the file manipulation was there for anyone to learn it was out in the open in many threads, it was a choice if you wanted to use it. But EVERYONE had that option. Not everyone can play hundreds an hundreds of seasons the way we're seeing here already, many people wont get to this many seasons in a year or 2. From what I've seen so far, it is impossible to get the best horses now without all these seasons. Personally think a league will be ridiculously lopsided now.

Saying this, I'm in between, I will likely be someone who has a fair bit of time to play, but the lower players from last season, wont get anywhere close to the top trainers now.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:03 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
All I can see here is, we've gone from people who can manipulate the programme files having a big advantage, To people who have the most time to play having an insurmountable advantage. This has literally got to a point here, where because the breeding is so difficult (an I like that to an extent), it's all about time played.

The reason for this being, the file manipulation was there for anyone to learn it was out in the open in many threads, it was a choice if you wanted to use it. But EVERYONE had that option. Not everyone can play hundreds an hundreds of seasons the way we're seeing here already, many people wont get to this many seasons in a year or 2. From what I've seen so far, it is impossible to get the best horses now without all these seasons. Personally think a league will be ridiculously lopsided now.

Saying this, I'm in between, I will likely be someone who has a fair bit of time to play, but the lower players from last season, wont get anywhere close to the top trainers now.

Hi Vinny

I think there is only one way to play the game now and that is you have to play 2 games.
First game is the one you play for fun and with no eyes on the league - you breed your fave horses to each other and don't worry about the bars. You take your time and make your way through the seasons - running in all the races.

Second game is your league game - this game you don't worry about racing them....it's all about breeding, smashing as many seasons as you can in a session - searching the auctions for suitable horses to breed with. I suspect once you have this game flying you don't have to concentrate on it too much to improve your stable.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:10 pm
Group 1 winner

been breeding for future leagues for 3 months now and i have about 10 team horses exported
4 milers 4 derby/oaks horses 2 leger horses

considering a league team contains 25 & 30 horses it will take frequent players a long time to
get full squads I think casual players will struggle to get anywhere near full teams unless they
just export anything.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, so7 will be the end of the league in my view, I accept that does not matter to a great many and indeed some prefer the more difficult pve situation on offer, but for the league it is curtains. I would speculate Paul has ticked through several hundred seasons for 10 horses, no one else will likely bother.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Group 3 winner

https://ibb.co/fp3MtW1

This is my best horse , i've not breed very much and only a few hours in the last month . It is possible to breed without having to put in a stupid amount of hours. Well it was possible before the latest patch :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 pm
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
been breeding for future leagues for 3 months now and i have about 10 team horses exported
4 milers 4 derby/oaks horses 2 leger horses

considering a league team contains 25 & 30 horses it will take frequent players a long time to
get full squads I think casual players will struggle to get anywhere near full teams unless they
just export anything.

Paul, are these horses you’ve exported absolutely thrashing all of the AI horses as they would’ve done in so5 and so6?

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:00 pm
Handicapper

Hi all.

Finally got a 100% potential horse. Now for breeding. Has anyone got any tips ? Or is it just a case or breeding the best mares to my 100% stallion and praying I get something half decent?

Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:18 pm
Group 3 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Hi all.

Finally got a 100% potential horse. Now for breeding. Has anyone got any tips ? Or is it just a case or breeding the best mares to my 100% stallion and praying I get something half decent?

My breeding tips are... A nice bottle of red wine, soft lighting and some Barry White music. :wink:

Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:59 pm
Group 1 winner

National Hunt Trials

Think I have unleashed a beast in Cyberlink won 3 of the 5 trials and scored 46 out of a possible 50 PTS

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next