View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Handicapper

Post Re: Breeding diary
Hey Paul and eanyone else having a bit of successin SO7

Just a quick question with your breeding techniques.. how many seasons did it take you to start finding full bar stallions and how long into the game were you getting anything over 80% potential.. ive started a game and im 13 seasons in and im yet to find anything decent enough to breed with. anything that i have thought was potential only getting duds not even worth pursuing.

and also does the starting/restart games actually work with finding decent starting horses like s06 did ?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:44 am
Group 1 winner

Its almost impossible to do until you find a 100% horse i did not even try breeding heavily until i had that as a base to start from

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

MaLuckyDay wrote:

Just a quick question with your breeding techniques.. how many seasons did it take you to start finding full bar stallions and how long into the game were you getting anything over 80% potential.. ive started a game and im 13 seasons in and im yet to find anything decent enough to breed with. anything that i have thought was potential only getting duds not even worth pursuing.

and also does the starting/restart games actually work with finding decent starting horses like s06 did ?

I found a 100% potential horse by re-starting new games but it must have taken me about 100 re-starts. That was about 7 patches ago.

This is the best I have managed so far.

I have probably bred at least 1000 mares like the one above with every gamebred stallion I could and was not able to improve the cruising burst or extra speed so thought I would try re-starts again to look for a good horse. Over 50 re-starts and didn't find that horse to help me and never saw a single horse with decent potential.

Some people might think the next explanation was cheating but it is everyones own choice how they play the game.

If I had to start from scratch again, I would start a new game, use the betting cheat to get £50m. I wouldn't do any breeding, I would just go to every auction and buy every horse and check their bars. It might take 20+ seasons to find that 100% horse but as Paul says, I wouldn't do any serious breeding until I found that good horse to start the breeding.

While I was going to every auction I would look out for some half decent mares about 80-90% and export them to ttf file. Once I found the good stallion, I would also export him to ttf and then start a new game with the horses from the ttf file.

Edit:

In slots 1 and 2 I have played 65 seasons of SO7 getting to know the game and using "normal\standard" breeding methods and since my breeding is aimed at the online league, I have come to the conclusion that the current state of breeding in the game makes breeding almost impossible to anyone except the very dedicated S07 enthusiast. The best horse I had after 65 seasons of normal breeding had 100% potential but only 65% extra speed and 40% cruising burst.

I decided to try a little cheating to improve my breeding.

I had found a horse at auction with 90% extra speed, 45% potential and 20% cruising burst. By cheating it took 19 seasons in slot 3 to maximise the best of what I had from slots 1 and 2 with this new stallion.

By re-starting a jumps game I found a horse with 75% cruising burst, 70% potential and 30% extra speed. Again by cheating in slot 4 I managed to maximise the best of slot 3 with the new stallion to get the type of horse shown above.

That's 100 seasons to get where I am in breeding, 65 normal breeding and 35 by cheating. Cheating seems to be the way forward for me at least.

The last slot was back to breeding normally with gamebred stallions to see if I could improve my horses but no luck. On average, the horses I am breeding in this way are worse than the horses I started the game with.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Lets not call it cheating, you'll ruin the so7 league before it even begins, tffgate v2, I can see it now :)

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:54 am
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Lets not call it cheating, you'll ruin the so7 league before it even begins, tffgate v2, I can see it now :)

Your correct Josh, cheating is a very strong word and implies severe improprietry.

I did use ttf files to transfer the best horses from an old game to a new game but what I mainly did was

save the game 3 days before the end of the season
go to the next season and check the yearlings, usually about 50
if there was not about 3 of the 50 worth while keeping,(which happened a lot), I would crash the game and start the new season again.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:18 pm
Group 1 winner

How are you cheating Jim?

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
How are you cheating Jim?

Looking ahead then deliberately crashing the game to your advantage I’d imagine!

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:17 pm
Handicapper

MaLuckyDay wrote:

I'm not having as much success as Paul, but I don't think I'm too far off.

The only thing I think I've done different to others which I've found to work ok (and seems faster than finding 100% potential stallions in your own barn on start-up) is to check on the all time top horses at game start up. As we now have a year of form, i check these for any stallions that are either still racing or in the breeding barn that have a high rating (120+), won group races, won nearly all their races (8 out of 10 for instance), and crucially...won by several lengths in almost all races and all in a good time). I ignore horses that won all their races at 2yo and retired at 3yo and prefer a stallion with the above at 4yo+. If a horse is still racing I check at the next year end that it still meets the criteria and save the game. I'll then restart it if it gets sold abroad until it retires to stud so I can breed my mares to it.

It's not fool proof, however I've bred some average mares with some stallions like the above and ended up with more than half the offspring being 100% (some not until they were 5yo though).

I gave up on restarting games looking for 100% stallions in my own barn after finding one with 100% potential, 85% cruising and 90% distance adaptability...then accidentally closing my game window down before saving the game! :(

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:31 pm
Handicapper

Is it just me, or do you feel its wasted opportunity not been able to breed with game mares ?? For me i feel as though a fee should be paid in order to breed to a game mare but i know and respect everyones differing opinion.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:17 am
Selling plater

i think owners want to breed their mares for their own benefit given they are restricted to one foal a season.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:39 pm
Group 1 winner

it seems to be certainly keeping the game competitive its very very rare thing now to
get an unbeaten horse and most of my horses have under 50% win rate so seems to
be working well

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
it seems to be certainly keeping the game competitive its very very rare thing now to
get an unbeaten horse and most of my horses have under 50% win rate so seems to
be working well

What training & difficulty levels do you use in game? I'm winning classics with horses with 70/80 potential (easier and normal)! I'm also getting almost completely unbeaten horses with potential of 80/85. Some G1s seem to easy to me. Though I do find races in South Africa the hardest to win by a large margin at the moment.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:26 pm
Group 1 winner

does not matter what game mode you play in the harder level all that means is less
horses and money at the start the gameplay is the same in all modes

Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

had 50 - 60 fillies in the shed for the last 5 seasons and the number of usable horses is really poor lately

year 1 - traceable exportable horses 0
year 2 - traceable exportable horses 1
year 3 - traceable exportable horses 1
year 4 - traceable exportable horses 0
year 5 - traceable exportable horses 1

so from at least 250 foals only 3 make the cut and 2 of those never filled dark green potential
so from the last 250 foals only 1 horse has been exported to my CK. Its really boring retiring
or auctioning 49 horses at the start of each season certainly aint fun not been critical just
sharing my observations. I think in all of the time of SO7 the most amount of horses I have
actually exported in one season is 2 or 3 which is such a low number compared to the number
you are breeding.

Has anyone else noticed this.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
2 of those never filled dark green potential

Has anyone else noticed this.

I'm in the same boat. I don't mind now and actually prefer that not every horse is a superstar, though getting 50+ foals a year with 80+ light green potential and only 5-25 dark green is a bit annoying, part of me would rather they didn't have the light green....though I guess that is there so their bloodline can still benefit farther down the years. I've not had a single horse that has been born with more than 30 dark green potential since the latest patch. Only played about 10 seasons using the 95 patch, but still.....

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next