View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next
 Breeding diary 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Breeding diary
Moliets_Surfer wrote:
League horses from the Beta phase!?
Don't think this should be possible! I know some played SO7 hardcore but it's still beta were you can take advantage of the not ready version.
Just my opinion.

I havent played SO7 beta because partly i was focused on the current SO6 league season but mostly because i dont think its right to pay full price for a game in Beta.
Unless there is a complete reset for the League when it comes out of Beta i wont be interested in competing.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:11 am
Group 2 winner

If Mark has plans to re-set the game he should make those plans known to us.

I have spent a couple of hundred hours playing the beta and have been producing some nice horses, but if Mark has plans to re-set I will stop doing any serious breeding because it is a waste of my time.

I only saved a few 100% 3yo horses to the CK but the rest of the bars were poor\average at best and my latest batch of 3yo horses with 92% potential, 80% cruising burst and 95% extra speed are just as good.

The league players make up only a small part of SO7 sales so unless there is a technical issue with SO7, I doubt that it will be re-set.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:09 am
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:

I have spent a couple of hundred hours playing the beta and have been producing some nice horses, but if Mark has plans to re-set I will stop doing any serious breeding because it is a waste of my time.

I only saved a few 100% 3yo horses to the CK but the rest of the bars were poor\average at best and my latest batch of 3yo horses with 92% potential, 80% cruising burst and 95% extra speed are just as good.

The league players make up only a small part of SO7 sales so unless there is a technical issue with SO7, I doubt that it will be re-set.

Mark said weeks ago that the is no plan on a reset unless something drastic comes up I'm in
the same boat as you Jim I have put a heck of a lot of time into it too especially when it was
stated that a restart was highly unlikely.

This was my issue with the change of potential half way through the beta stage I know Mark said
he did not implicate a change but something happend as the ikem007 report showed.

Moilets I cant agree with you I dont see the difference in exporting beta horses and full game horses
I'm certain I had beta horses who were exported and ran in the first SO6 League.

Also can you explain the taking advantage comment in your post speaking personally I have not
taken advantage of anything in the game I have not seen anything that can be taken advantage of
I played the game as I always have and dont understand the comment.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Moliets_Surfer wrote:
League horses from the Beta phase!?
Don't think this should be possible! I know some played SO7 hardcore but it's still beta were you can take advantage of the not ready version.
Just my opinion.

I havent played SO7 beta because partly i was focused on the current SO6 league season but mostly because i dont think its right to pay full price for a game in Beta.
Unless there is a complete reset for the League when it comes out of Beta i wont be interested in competing.

You missed the first 6 Seasons of SO6 and you are now a leading trainer on the flat so you yourself have proven its
possible and TBH i really didnt think it would be possible for someone to miss that amount of time and come into the
league and be a strong candidate mixing it with trainers who had been going since the release. I grade is as one of the
most amazing achievements in league history and greatly respect you for it.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
You missed the first 6 Seasons of SO6 and you are now a leading trainer on the flat so you yourself have proven its
possible and TBH i really didnt think it would be possible for someone to miss that amount of time and come into the
league and be a strong candidate mixing it with trainers who had been going since the release. I grade is as one of the
most amazing achievements in league history and greatly respect you for it.

Thanks Paul
I really appreciate your comment.

I imagine the discussion of how the League transitions to SO7 will be an interesting thread in the "Online League Discussion" section so its probably best if i wait until then to make any further comments.
Cheers

Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:48 pm
Group 3 winner

I'd say there is only a 50-50 chance of having a league in SO7 whichever side of the fence u on. I think it will only take a couple of people who play 6 to drop out and u wont have enough people to play it, I can't see any new ones join in SO7.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:00 pm
Group 1 winner

If there is to be a restart so be it it wont be the end of the world but as Jim said earlier
I doubt Mark is going to hit the reset button just for the league players it will be a reason
to fix something in the game.

As usual with starters orders he cant win what ever he does its going to upset someone.

I Got into heavy breeding once it was said that it would be unlikely that a restart would
happen but if it does it does be like playing snakes and ladders :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Wannabe wrote:

Mark said weeks ago that the is no plan on a reset unless something drastic comes up I'm in
the same boat as you Jim I have put a heck of a lot of time into it too especially when it was
stated that a restart was highly unlikely.

This was my issue with the change of potential half way through the beta stage I know Mark said
he did not implicate a change but something happend as the ikem007 report showed.

Moilets I cant agree with you I dont see the difference in exporting beta horses and full game horses
I'm certain I had beta horses who were exported and ran in the first SO6 League.

Also can you explain the taking advantage comment in your post speaking personally I have not
taken advantage of anything in the game I have not seen anything that can be taken advantage of
I played the game as I always have and dont understand the comment.

From prevoius comments it seemed that it was easier/or possible at all to get 100% horses while later nearly not possible
and maybe when you bred these 100% PO horses at the right time you've got an advantage. Not sure if this is fully right,
but the beta phase isn't the final game so it should be clear it's more for testing the game.
But I know; Paul, you are one of the fairest most contributing players here and it wan't against you or saying someone play unfair.
So sorry if it sounded in this direction. It should just be cleared that there is no advantage in beta breeding.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:58 pm
Group 1 winner

you certainly did not offend me Moliets_Surfer and the points you make are very fair

Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
you certainly did not offend me Moliets_Surfer and the points you make are very fair

Usually a game will reset after the beta for the game launch.
Moliets is right in saying that the beta is only there to iron out the bugs.

The difference here is that SO is a very small game so it might be possible for Mark to let the trainers who have got their breeding in order to keep their horses.

On the other hand anyone who buys the game on launch and wants to be in the league will be at a big disadvantage - at least in the first season or two.

Personally I haven't even downloaded SO7 yet although I have bought it.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Fairest thing to do is a reset

Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I had indicated there would unlikely be a reset as the major problems have all been fixed. I could not actually see why the chance of hitting very high potential bars would have been affected by the fixes that happened a few patches ago. In fact these changes if anything should have made breeding slightly less hit and miss (but still more so than SO6 that is intended).

The fact is that until there is some sort of league and people start racing their horses in a competitive online completion we won't know if there is a real problem. The potential bar is not everything. This also applies to improvements made to the race code around pace. I have a feeling early pacers may go from having a unfair disadvantage (in SO6) to possibly having an unfair advantage in SO7. Again, this will become clear after racing has started and can be tweaked. It is not always a good thing for a player to make judgements trailing their own horses as they often fit a specific profile due to breeding lines which can lead to unrealistic races anyway.

Maybe some exhibition races need to be run. This is the way it has happened in the past. Then problems then surface and can then be fixed or tweaked and restarts are made only if it's considered necessary. Then if a restart is the consensus one can be made. It's not usefull to have a restart now before we know if all league issues are ironed out.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
I had indicated there would unlikely be a reset as the major problems have all been fixed. I could not actually see why the chance of hitting very high potential bars would have been affected by the fixes that happened a few patches ago. In fact these changes if anything should have made breeding slightly less hit and miss (but still more so than SO6 that is intended).

The fact is that until there is some sort of league and people start racing their horses in a competitive online completion we won't know if there is a real problem. The potential bar is not everything. This also applies to improvements made to the race code around pace. I have a feeling early pacers may go from having a unfair disadvantage (in SO6) to possibly having an unfair advantage in SO7. Again, this will become clear after racing has started and can be tweaked. It is not always a good thing for a player to make judgements trailing their own horses as they often fit a specific profile due to breeding lines which can lead to unrealistic races anyway.

Maybe some exhibition races need to be run. This is the way it has happened in the past. Then problems then surface and can then be fixed or tweaked and restarts are made only if it's considered necessary. Then if a restart is the consensus one can be made. It's not usefull to have a restart now before we know if all league issues are ironed out.

Sometime after patch 90 the older horses and just born horses got more than a 20% boost but all the newbies had around 20% knocked of them, that's when I stopped playing for a good bit.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:52 pm
Handicapper

I’ve just started a new game the horse that was mentioned in the topic that I created “what do I do with is horse?” didn’t go that well it produced nothing really. So I started a new game and got a starting 2yo horse with 80% potential raced that and it turned out to be a multiple group 1 winning sprinter , bred it to a AI International stallion and produced a 2yo colt with potential in the low 80% range. The potential stayed the same from 2 to 3yo with the colt then it jumped massively from 3 to 4yo to in the low 90% rage. So potential can improve with age I think it’s just difficult to find a horse that does. But the now 4yo had no juvenile constitution so I’m guessing the hidden maturity rate bar was quite low. Could this have anything to do with it?

Yasmin

Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:20 am
Group 3 winner

Can you store horses in a ttf file and transfer them between games or is that a thing of the past?

Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next