View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 SO7 Transferring Horses 
Handicapper

Post SO7 Transferring Horses
Hi, just about to start playing SO7 and I know in the league a lot of people used the ttf files to breed. How is this working in SO7? I read somewhere I think that you cannot breed for the league from any horses you transfer.

I usually have a few games going and transfer the best horses into one game and breed from there for the league, am I correct in assuming you cannot do this now or what is the transfer pool now for?

Thanks in advance

Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SO7 Transferring Horses
you can transfer a horse once but not in the same game it came from which blocks clones

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

If it were not such a nightmare to play, i’d have four flat and four jumps games to work around this :) I guess that will be the new norm.

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:24 pm
Handicapper

Does that mean that for the league you can breed with horses transferred into a different save game?

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Basically yes, you can breed in game A, horse Z. You can then export Z from A. He cannot be imported back into A, but can be imported to game B. Once imported he cannot be exported again. He can only be imported once.

The tff can be copied but I am not sure if it can be reloaded and if the horse can then be sent to other games, yet to mess about with that, mostly have I have yet to have anything worth exporting.

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:44 pm
Selling plater

Please let me make sure I understand (sorry for the pedantry).

I start a game (ZZ), breed for a while, transfer out horse (AA) into a new game (YY).
I do some breeding with the transferred horse (AA) in game (YY) and create a new horse (BB).
I then transfer horse (BB) out.

Can I import (BB) into game (ZZ)?

When the time comes for leagues, will the import / export system see horse (BB) as "tampered" with? (Very possible this is unknown.)

Thanks everyone, and thank you Mark for another iteration of a great game!

Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:48 am
Group 1 winner

Based on the limited time I have messed with this I think you can do what you have suggested. Cannot say if the league will see this as being tainted though, but I doubt it.

Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:11 pm
Selling plater

is it possible to transfer a horse from S06 to S07

thanks

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:01 pm
Group 1 winner

no that is impossible

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Okay, I think I've tried everything to get a horse to transfer to no avail. (version 0.083)

Started a new game within the same install.
Started a new game within a different install on the same machine.
Started a new game on a different computer.
In all cases, checked the Form page to make sure that there is no horse with the same name.
Changed the name of the horse while looking at the transfer tab to some silly name that definitely shouldn't be in the game ("ABCDEFG").

Anyone who's actually gotten this to work... WHAT DID YOU DO TO MAKE IT HAPPEN? Really frustrated.

Dumb question: is there a minimum age that a horse has to be? If so, why can I transfer 1 year old horses to the transfer file?

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:50 am
Handicapper

Is the horse from the original game you transfered from? It won’t let you put it back into the transfer pool.

Or have you imported the horse into the new game and bred from it and want to transfer one of its progeny?

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:35 pm
Selling plater

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Is the horse from the original game you transfered from? It won’t let you put it back into the transfer pool.

Or have you imported the horse into the new game and bred from it and want to transfer one of its progeny?

No, not trying to import original horse back into same game. No, haven't done any breeding in a new game - because I can't even get the horse into a new game to then breed it.

Take horse from original game (save slot 1) and transfer to pool. Create an entirely new game (save slot 2) and attempt to import. GENERAL IMPORT ERROR!

Take horse from original game (save slot 1) and transfer to pool. Then DELETE the game in save slot 1 that the transfer horse came from. Create a new game in save slot 1 and attempt to import. GENERAL IMPORT ERROR!

Take horse from original game (save slot 1) and transfer to pool. COMPLETELY UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL the game on the same PC, update to same version as game that horse was transferred from. Create a new game (save slot 1) and attempt to import. GENERAL IMPORT ERROR!

Take horse from original game (save slot 1) and transfer to pool. Install game on a completely different PC and create a new game (save slot 1). Attempt to import (obviously I saved and transferred the ttf file). GENERAL IMPORT ERROR!

Anything that anyone sees that I could do differently?

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:24 am
Selling plater

To be honest, none of the horses I'm looking to transfer to another game are all that good... I'm more interested in finding Ride Handy / Early Pace horses with half-decent stats first, and then worry about stats. Wanted to move to a different game just to test where they run. (In previous games I'd run them in the "external racing simulator" thing that leagues use, but that's not available here.

I use simplified training. Would there be a way to use the gallops to test out where they run instead of exporting or doing some kind of crazy "play the game for a year until the horses are 2yo and then find out where they run without saving the game"?

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:37 am
Handicapper

Have you renamed your horses in the actual transfer pool (transfer tab)? What patch are you on? I think transfers was sorted in 0.076 properly (introduced in 0.075). If the problem persists I would email mark.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:49 am
Handicapper

nighthawk wrote:
Okay, I think I've tried everything to get a horse to transfer to no avail. (version 0.083)

Started a new game within the same install.
Started a new game within a different install on the same machine.
Started a new game on a different computer.
In all cases, checked the Form page to make sure that there is no horse with the same name.
Changed the name of the horse while looking at the transfer tab to some silly name that definitely shouldn't be in the game ("ABCDEFG").

Anyone who's actually gotten this to work... WHAT DID YOU DO TO MAKE IT HAPPEN? Really frustrated.

Dumb question: is there a minimum age that a horse has to be? If so, why can I transfer 1 year old horses to the transfer file?

Have you tried this with horses that are older than 1yo, you don't mention? I'd think it wouldn't be possible to import a 1yo as the imported horse goes into the racing stable. So maybe the exporting of a 1yo is a bug.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next