View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 SO7 Transferring Horses 
Selling plater

Post Re: SO7 Transferring Horses
ikem007 wrote:

Have you tried this with horses that are older than 1yo, you don't mention? I'd think it wouldn't be possible to import a 1yo as the imported horse goes into the racing stable. So maybe the exporting of a 1yo is a bug.

I haven't, but when I create the new games I make enough money to build out the entire list of upgrades for the stables before I attempt the transfer. Will give that a shot. (Wouldn't be shocked if that's the problem, but then it's either a bug or should be prevented by the game. Something more descriptive than General Import Error would be good.)

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:30 am
Selling plater

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Have you renamed your horses in the actual transfer pool (transfer tab)? What patch are you on? I think transfers was sorted in 0.076 properly (introduced in 0.075). If the problem persists I would email mark.

Yes. I've tried renaming them in the Transfer tab of the game I'm trying to transfer into. Strangely, if I then save the game and go back in, the horse I renamed goes back to its original name.

Yes, I'm on the latest patch (0.083) and the transfer to the pool also occurred on 0.083.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:28 pm
Selling plater

nighthawk wrote:
ikem007 wrote:

Have you tried this with horses that are older than 1yo, you don't mention? I'd think it wouldn't be possible to import a 1yo as the imported horse goes into the racing stable. So maybe the exporting of a 1yo is a bug.

I haven't, but when I create the new games I make enough money to build out the entire list of upgrades for the stables before I attempt the transfer. Will give that a shot. (Wouldn't be shocked if that's the problem, but then it's either a bug or should be prevented by the game. Something more descriptive than General Import Error would be good.)

I've now tried transferring 3yo horses, one of which would require a rename before importing ("ABCDEFG") and one that doesn't. Both horses get a General Import Error.

Time to contact Mark?

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Assume you have room in your stables?

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:44 am
Selling plater

I'm having exactly the same issue, but on the latest patch

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:44 pm
Selling plater

Githyanki wrote:
Assume you have room in your stables?

Yes. I use the wagering "trick" to make myself flush with cash and buy everything at the stables before attempting a transfer (or when starting any new game of SO, actually).

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:19 pm
Group 2 winner

I have the same problem importing horses into a saved game created with the latest patch (0,86) but just tried to import one of the horses into an old game created with patch 0.79 and horse imported ok.

What I then did was retire all the original unwanted horses from the old game and imported all the new horses successfully into the old game. Almost as good as starting a new saved game.

Definately think there is something wrong with imports in the last 2 or 3 patches.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2