View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 New Legends 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: New Legends
I agree that Causeway has to be there. The best mix of pure Heart and unbelievable talent there's ever been in a horse. Definitely my favourite of all time. An this one might not get in, but definitely worth a mention for me as it changed gears about 3 times per race, in group 1s too. Unbelievable performer who just made winning Group1s look easy. Rock of Gibraltor.

Both of these horses happened to have a massive legacy stolen from them too in their final races by one man. Kinane dropped his whip an lost a neck on Causeway in the classic, and then gave the Rock one of the worst rides you'll see in the breeders mile to finish it's career.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:11 am
Group 2 winner

ikem007 wrote:
Did you ever make, or think of making your legends dB file available to others? It would be great if you could make it available to download.

I am more than happy to send the file to anyone who wants it, although it isn't quite finished yet. I think I have 7 more to create and then do some final testing. I am working away all this weekend so it will probably be the end of next week at the earliest, also got the wife's 40th in a couple of days so I need to be careful with my time lol.
I don't know for certain if the file is transferable but that issue has been raised in another thread.
A few things to note:
1. This is subjective and not everyone will agree with my assessment of individual horses; they can obviously be tweaked.
2. Where horses had careers curtailed by injuries I have used artistic license and given them what I believe to be a realistic career path.
3. It is very difficult to accurately create the career paths of some of the older national hunt horses as the race program has changed dramatically.
4. Crisp is proving $%&£*% difficult to recreate properly!!!

Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:01 pm
Group 2 winner

I have finally managed to get them all created yay. I just need to do some final testing and possibly a little bit of tweaking and I am ready to go.
As soon as we are out of beta I can start new games and fire them up.

It's just a shame they cannot be added to our own stables, as much as they can create a really tough challenge and something to aim for, it would be fantastic to be able to race some of them oneself; especially some of the iconic jumpers.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:10 pm
Handicapper

Pommard wrote:
It's just a shame they cannot be added to our own stables, as much as they can create a really tough challenge and something to aim for, it would be fantastic to be able to race some of them oneself; especially some of the iconic jumpers.

If this isn't added in a future patch, then you might be able to, but it will be a bit of trial and error and involve re-installing the game. If you still have the game as it was released before patching you can install and patch up to about 0.085/0.086, there was a bug in this where you would occasionally be given a legend at startup. I know this works as I trialled it myself as I needed to install and patch a new installation on my laptop (seemed to work almost 100% of the time setting the legend as a 2yo to enter the game the same year the autodays end), however I don't know if it will work with created legends and I found some difficult to get (I have manged to get all base legends bar Yeats, who I couldn't get into my stable). They do lose all career race entries and don't retire automatically.

Also, I removed the preferred trainer from all horses in the editor.

Last edited by ikem007 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:04 pm
Handicapper

Pommard wrote:
I have finally managed to get them all created yay. I just need to do some final testing and possibly a little bit of tweaking and I am ready to go.
As soon as we are out of beta I can start new games and fire them up.

Well done on finally getting through them all. Looks like you've put an awful lot of work in. :shock:

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4