View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New Legends 
Group 2 winner

Post New Legends
Whilst waiting for the game to be out of beta (I have played a couple of seasons and loving it including the new breeding) I have been playing around with the new legend editor (a fantastic addition Mark).
Being British born and based it is the European racing that I follow and am most familiar with. I have decided to try and create 10 (I had to set a limit) legends each for Britain, Ireland and France.
I have decided to limit them to my lifetime, 51 years (with one notable exception) and also want to try and produce a spread of different distances and include both colts and fillies.
I still have a couple of undecided slots to fill but here goes:

BRITAIN
Frankel (C 8-10f) - Already included and a bit of a no-brainer
Dayjur (C 5-6f) - Already included but boosted slightly, probably the fastest horse I have ever seen.
Mill Reef (C 10-12f) - Small but incredibly strong Derby and Arc winner.
Brigadier Gerard (C 8f+) - Superstar miler who won famous edition of 2000gns from Mill Reef.
Pebbles (F 10f) - Electric when winning an outstanding Champion stakes and first British breeders cup winner.
Oh So Sharp (F 10-12f) - Fillies triple crown winner in what was an outstanding crop.
Shergar (C 12f) - Brilliant Derby winner who looked unbeatable that day.
Dancing Brave (C8-12f) - Brilliant winner of an outstanding Arc but still more famous for the race he lost!
Le Moss (C 20f) - Probably the best pure out and out stayer and had amazing battles with Ardross.
Moorestyle (C 6f) - Much underrated champion sprinter who had tough opposition and I wanted another sprinter to create.

Hit the crossbar: Zilzal (I had other milers), Dubai Millennium (never caught my imagination possibly due to his standout win being in Dubai whose form I don't trust).

Feel free to agree or disagree with my selections and make your own suggestions.
French and Irish lists will hopefully be posted tonight as my lunch break is now over :).

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:10 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: New Legends
Zilzal and dubai has to be in it, Zilzal form is as good as Frankel. When he beat the crack unbeaten french horse Polish Precedent it was as good as anything Frankel did. Dubai was never tested so it's hard to say how good but I think he was super talented race horse.

Last edited by ghosty on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:05 pm
Group 3 winner

Miesque is the best fillies miler since the 80's if not ever. Sea Bird is probably the best 1m4 horse ever, if not the best ever.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:08 pm
Group 2 winner

ghosty wrote:
Miesque is the best fillies miler since the 80's if not ever. Sea Bird is probably the best 1m4 horse ever, if not the best ever.

Both will be in my french list tonight and Sea Bird is the exception to the age rule as I regard him as the greatest ever as well.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:24 pm
Handicapper

Danedream from a german view!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:26 pm
Group 3 winner

I think it's either sea bird or ribot as the best ever.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
Group 3 winner

Moliets_Surfer wrote:
Danedream from a german view!

If I had to pick one for u country it would be the godfather of u country and that is acatenango , the poor sod having to run in that Arc.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
Le Moss (C 20f) - Probably the best pure out and out stayer and had amazing battles with Ardross.

errr have you forgotten about Yeats - Greatest Stayer of all time and double the gold cups Le Moss won

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Pommard wrote:

errr have you forgotten about Yeats - Greatest Stayer of all time and double the gold cups Le Moss won

Irish and French tonight Paul, this was just the British and Yeats is in it even if we “discuss” who was the better. It’s all subjective anyway and very difficult to judge generations

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Apologies mate

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Pommard wrote:

Le Moss was more impressive and beat better horses . Le Moss had to beat a champ in Ardross and no one else could get near him.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:26 pm
Group 2 winner

FRANCE
Zarkava (F 8-12f) - A real favourite of mine, nothing to look at but had an astonishing turn of foot and much too good for Goldikova amongst others during an unbeaten campaign culminating in an Arc success
Peintre Celebre (C 12f) - An outstanding winner of a high quality Arc in record time.
Montjeu (C 12f) - Another very good Arc winner who waas even better in the following years King George although he then tailed off.
Zafonic (C 8f) - A top notch juvenile who looked like a superstar in the 2000gns only to then get injured.
Arazi (C 7-8f) - A brilliant 2yo whose breeders cup win is up there with the most astonishing performances I have ever witnessed.
Miesque (F 8f) - Possibly the best female miler Europe has ever produced and added 2 breeders cups for good measure.
Treve (F 12f) - One of a very elite club to have won 2 Arcs and was sensational in her first.
Last Tycoon (C 5f) - 5 furlong speedball who amazingly won breeders cup mile.
Sagaro (C 20f) - Probably the best pure out and out stayer France has produced and was a triple Gold Cup winner.
Sea Bird (C 12f) - In my opinion the greatest flat horse ever and his destruction of one of the greatest fields ever assembled in the 1965 Arc (my age exception) and is the benchmark by which all great horses should be judged https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wX2PEEZ_c

Again feel free to discuss and it would be nice to see other peoples choices.
Hopefully Irish list will be up later but if not then tomorrow.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Any of these could get in :D :D

Triptych the iron mare .
Vaguely Noble up there with Sea Bird and Ribot.
Dahlia the iron horse of her time.
Allez France a superstar filly.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:02 am
Group 2 winner

Ireland
Yeats (C 12-20f) - Already included and a top notch stayer who had the speed to compete at shorter.
Sea The Stars (C 10-12f) - The only horse to have won the Guineas, Derby and Arc. Never won by much but never looked like losing.
Nijinski (C 8-14f) - The last horse to win the triple crown, a no-brainer.
Sir Ivor (C 8-12f) - Guineas and Derby winner who Lester reckoned was the best he ever rode and that is not faint praise and good enough for me.
El Gran Senor (C 8-10f) - A brilliant winner of an outstanding 2000gns. Another better known for the race he lost (Derby) but had the makings of an all time great at 8-10f before injury.
Sinndar (C 12f) - Won a very high class renewal of the Derby and followed up in the Arc joining a fairly elite club.
Alleged (C 12f) - One of a very elite club to have won 2 Arcs and deserves an entry for that alone.
Ridgewood Pearl (F 8f) - Won 4 group 1's in 4 different countries and was probably underrated in the classifications due to a piece of genius from Willie Carson.
Solinus (C 5-6f) - Champion sprinter in 1978 and Vincent O'Brien said he was the fastest horse he ever trained but I admit I had difficulty in singling out an Irish sprinter to add (suggestions welcome.
Minding (C 8-12f) - Guineas and oaks winner but better at the shorter distance and beat the boys and her elders on her farewell.

I was struggling with the last 2 named as I felt there were some better candidates but I wanted another filly and a sprinter and not more Guineas/Derby horses.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:21 am
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Any of these could get in :D :D

Triptych the iron mare .
Vaguely Noble up there with Sea Bird and Ribot.
Dahlia the iron horse of her time.
Allez France a superstar filly.

All top notchers and Allez France and Vaguely Noble were the 2 that hit the post.
Triptych was wonderful but both Dancing Brave and Oh So Sharp brushed her aside and she was just below that superstar level.
Dahlia as you say was an iron horse but also suffered too many defeats to make the final 10.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next