View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Has breeding become too random? 
Selling plater

Post Re: Has breeding become too random?
Bless you Mark, at last a SO game with a sensible challenge. By FAR the best game Yet.
ARAPHO

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:10 pm
Handicapper

Quote:
ghosty
Handicapper

Re: Has breeding become too random?
I don't get how people say they can't get anywhere with their breeding, im not rushing and i'm more than happy where my horses are, I think i'd be in front of SO6 horses after 2 months. The potential is hard to get up but so it should be.

Sounds good to me. I want the game to be really challenging unlike SO6 which was far too easy to breed and dominate the game. IMO Mark should have went further still and reduced how much you can win on betting each season (a simple bar that fills up to max of 50k each season) and get rid of the ttf. That would have really put the cat amongst the pigeons. I think you would get many more new players in the league that would stick around and play all season then. I'm not going to play in a league against players who play the game like they're on a production line and I'm sure many players who play SO in a sensible manner won't either.

With news that the game is a lot harder and with the convert mods process finished along with Bobsworth's mods coming to market, I plan on buying SO7 this evening.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:55 pm
Group 1 winner

There are fine lines between love and hate.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:28 pm
Group 1 winner

One thing that i have noticed lately is that in SO4 5 & 6 you could bread a miler with a miler and they could
throw out a freak in terms of distance I have got Leger horses out of 2 x milers in those versions in this version
it seems to be that there is very little or no movement in distance of the offspring so if you breed a miler to a miler
in SO7 you get a miler

i have 57 1m4 mares in the shed and they were all covered by 1m4 sires and every one of the offspring
were 1m4 horses I used to love that variants in distance you could get in the other versions it goes the other way
too some of my best sprinters in SO6 were by 2 x milers but seems to be non of that in SO7 distance variance seems
to be much much stricter

Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

In so6 I found that happened when one of the milers in question was not a miler at all. I have had many a situation where a horse game rated at 1m actually runs or trials best at say 6f, and when they breed they create 6f even though they themselves are rated at 1m.

I have seen this at all distances so 2m’s who are really 1.4m etc I even had a game rated colt who was a 1.2m who ran like a god at 5f. He breed all 5/6f offspring. Stuff like this is why I spent so long trialling, though usually the clue is somewhere in the lineage.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:06 pm
Group 1 winner

I would say what you describe is a positive, though i presume there is some variation when they run?

Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:12 pm
Selling plater

I went back to starters orders 6, at least for now. SO7 is in my opinion too hard for me. I see SO6 as in between SO5 and So7 in breeding and getting more wins. I love all Starters orders games, got them all. In fact I got every horseracing game that there is. And in my own opinion, Starters Orders 6 is the best of them all. 8)

Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:02 pm
Selling plater

Very interesting topic!
https://meiguodaixie.com/
美国代写, 美国论文代写, 论文代写, 代写网站

Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4