View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Horse Potential 
Selling plater

Post Horse Potential
I got a horse who I think could be group level but can't get it to reach it's full potential. For example raced the horse in a class 3 got placed. Then raced the horse in a novice class 4 jockey comments were outclassed. So I then raced it in a class 4 maiden same jockey comments. I know it's a decent animal as it is well bred. Don't know what to do next.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Horse Potential
Welcome to one of the main joys of SO7

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:43 pm
Handicapper

Not as sure in SO7.

In SO6, they seemed to only gain potential in the first 4-5 runs of a season. If that is the case, next year.

They also seem to gain faster when doing well and closer to their optimal preferences. Try different distances? goings? Try riding it yourself, odd, but I feel that often gives a bump.

And with some, I never did figure them out in time. Might help to show us the bars? Both horizontal and vertical ones. Maybe some of the pros here, ones better than me, can tell you what they think is the horse's likely sweet spot for a run.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:03 am
Handicapper

Whats its confidence bar like, if its low then the horse might not be as good as you think, low confidence will mean it will most likely get beat because it has no confidence to win.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:23 am
Selling plater

Alright guys I got it to win a race by messing around with pacifiers and telling the jockey different instruction each time it raced. Finally I entered the horse in a group race and used pacifier and riding instructions that it won with what happened it won by 5 lengths. So my point is if you think you got a decent horse be patient and try different things.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:32 am
Group 3 winner

GSM wrote:
Alright guys I got it to win a race by messing around with pacifiers and telling the jockey different instruction each time it raced. Finally I entered the horse in a group race and used pacifier and riding instructions that it won with what happened it won by 5 lengths. So my point is if you think you got a decent horse be patient and try different things.

Ive also found that avoiding the handicapper and running in group races can let a good horse shine.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:40 am
Selling plater

now that's encouraging- a game where you actually have to try and figure things out rather than having things handed to you on a plate

Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:48 pm
Selling plater

Yh trial and error. My dream is to have a uk triple crown winner only won guineas so far.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]