View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 "Fastest horse of all time" beaten by average handicappers. 
Selling plater

Post "Fastest horse of all time" beaten by average handicappers.
I have spent a few seasons gathering together a fairly decent crop of Group class horses.
As there is a deficit of top-class 7f races in the Irish calendar (only a handful of the Group races and a few listed) I decided to have a tilt at the SA prizes out of season.

(Note; has anyone got a schedule that incorporates the complete Irish group calendar?)

Strangely, when entering these in SA races out of season, they cannot beat horses rated 20-30lbs below them. The form of the horses that beat them is average, at best, and highly inconsistent, yet my best G1 horse struggles against horses that can't even beat each other consistently.
I thought there was something I wasn't understanding about my breeding patterns - perhaps all my horses are xenophobic.

The point was made when Dayjur was consistently beaten by handicappers.
Dayjur form in UK calndar= 111111.
Dayjur form in Irish/SA/Dubai = 3rd (beaten by a horse that had never won a handicap in it's own country), 3rd (beaten convincingly by a horse that had only manged to scrape one G1 in a small field and had struggled in G1 races and another that won the same sprint twice in SA and had otherwise struggled in G3s), and finally fifth in the Kings Stand against horses that went on to win nothing higher than conditions races.

Is the problem that there are so few foreign horses that they are unrealistically under-handicapped?
If so, why include the SA races at all? Surely it would make more sense to incorporate the British AW races instead?
Significantly, not even the full British Group calendar is available yet SA handicaps are.
This doesn't seem to make sense.

I read somewhere on the forum that this was meant to reflect the trauma of travelling.
With respect, they are not driven to valuable foreign G1s in the back of Transit. They will be flown out with every comfort and stabled there for some time before the race.
And of course, like any animal, experience builds trust - the more they travel, the less like they are to be phased by it.

What am I missing?
TIA.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:46 am
Selling plater

Post Re: "Fastest horse of all time" beaten by average handicappe
Alright mate I also find that horses that win group races in uk easily struggle abroad in like Dubai or France and jockey feedback is that they struggle in this class which I find weird as I think group level in uk not that much different in Dubai or France. Plus funny thing is that the horses I get beat buy I beat them in easily in uk Group race.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Foreign races can be 10 times harder to win then showcase races in your own country this was the
same in SO6 I have no idea why

Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

The Soulboy wrote:
Is the problem that there are so few foreign horses that they are unrealistically under-handicapped?
If so, why include the SA races at all? Surely it would make more sense to incorporate the British AW races instead?
Significantly, not even the full British Group calendar is available yet SA handicaps are.

I read somewhere on the forum that this was meant to reflect the trauma of travelling.
With respect, they are not driven to valuable foreign G1s in the back of Transit. They will be flown out with every comfort and stabled there for some time before the race.
And of course, like any animal, experience builds trust - the more they travel, the less like they are to be phased by it.

What am I missing?
TIA.

My horses tend to fare well in all countries except for SA, I have no idea why though. I have some horses what can win most places by 5+ lengths in G1 races and go to SA and either get beat or win by a neck, etc. I'm not too bothered by it, just don't really understand why it's so hard in that country compared to everywhere else. I was thinking that maybe all horses have a favoured track and they maybe get a boost when running on it in feature races? So in foreign races as some countries only have the odd track the chance of this boost would be greater for all horses in each race as there is more chance that course is their preferred track. I'm probably wrong, but it's the only explanation I can think of at the moment...!

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:42 pm
Group 1 winner

The Soulboy wrote:
I have spent a few seasons gathering together a fairly decent crop of Group class horses.
As there is a deficit of top-class 7f races in the Irish calendar (only a handful of the Group races and a few listed) I decided to have a tilt at the SA prizes out of season.

(Note; has anyone got a schedule that incorporates the complete Irish group calendar?)

Strangely, when entering these in SA races out of season, they cannot beat horses rated 20-30lbs below them. The form of the horses that beat them is average, at best, and highly inconsistent, yet my best G1 horse struggles against horses that can't even beat each other consistently.
I thought there was something I wasn't understanding about my breeding patterns - perhaps all my horses are xenophobic.

The point was made when Dayjur was consistently beaten by handicappers.
Dayjur form in UK calndar= 111111.
Dayjur form in Irish/SA/Dubai = 3rd (beaten by a horse that had never won a handicap in it's own country), 3rd (beaten convincingly by a horse that had only manged to scrape one G1 in a small field and had struggled in G1 races and another that won the same sprint twice in SA and had otherwise struggled in G3s), and finally fifth in the Kings Stand against horses that went on to win nothing higher than conditions races.

What am I missing?
TIA.

In The Game mod section I added Full Irish Flat and Jumps schedule form the Entire Year 2018 Jan To December plus all Irish Racecourses you just need to download and put them in your Game and in the editor add them to the UK Schedule.

Gray

Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

I don't have a problem with this. Shipping is not easy on a horse. Just because he can run in the states, doesnt mean he's gonna run in Dubai or wherever...

Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 pm
Group 1 winner

bluechip21 wrote:
I don't have a problem with this. Shipping is not easy on a horse. Just because he can run in the states, doesnt mean he's gonna run in Dubai or wherever...

Agree 100% with you. Winning abroad should be much more difficult

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]