View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 SO7 How do I breed? 
Selling plater

Post SO7 How do I breed?
Hi everyone,

Although I have searched several pages for a definitive answer I cannot find one, although I am sure there is one somewhere.

I have SO6 and SO7 and I found breeding very easy in SO6 but I am obviously totally thick but I can't find a way to breed my horses, or indeed how to breed horses from other stables or breeders in SO7.

In SO6 I could not start breeding until the 2nd season and I assumed the same rule applied in SO7 I have now completed the first season in SO7 but can't find a way to breed.

I am in my 2nd season and have retired a stallion and a mare to breeding.

When I go to 'Breeding' I have 4 links:

Top Sires
Breeding Mares
Stud Farms
Yearlings

Although I can find the horse I've retired that appears all I can do I can't select them to breed with each other or do anything

I am getting extremely frustrated and I'm sorry to say the electronic manual is not much use with regard to this It tells you that you can breed but not how to do it.

I have even tried selecting horse from other Studs but that does not work either.

I would be really grateful for some advice about this and if there are any links in this Forum that would be extremely helpful too.

Sorry if I'm being a pain.

SO7 has some really good addictions when we consider SO6 but some are not as good.

Thanks you all in anticipation

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:56 am
Selling plater

Post Re: SO7 How do I breed?
Hi, Select Breeding then your breeding Mares L/click the red "s" far right of the Mare you want to breed, then scroll down to the stallion list to find your stallions they will have a blue "p1" on the right hand side of the box click on the red "s" far right you should now see them both in the box at the top. Click the repeat breeding icon top right. Hope this helps

Click the link below to see picture

http://tigerwoods2008-forpconline.yolas ... 0587867264 :D

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:08 pm
Selling plater

For GerryLove,

Thank you so much for your reply it was most appreciated.

I have looked at the screenshot you provided and see the blue 'p1' which I clicked but although I have 2 mares in the breeding barn, one 4 yo and one 14 yo I can see no red 's' against them, or any other mare.

The start date for the game was 13 Apr 2019 and the date I have reached is 22 Apr 2020, both the first jumps and flat seasons have been completed.

I obviously have all the 'upgrades' installed in my stable including 'Stud Facilities' and 'Breeding Barn' so I can't understand why I can't select one of the mares to breed with my stallion.

Can you please assist me further?

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:19 am
Group 1 winner

If your looking at game mares then your not doing anything wrong, least not from the last time played this soul destroying version. You can only breed with your own.

Other than that, don't use the main 'Breeding' tab, instead use the 'My Breeding' sub tab in the lower of the two navigation bars.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:37 am
Handicapper

Githyanki wrote:
If your looking at game mares then your not doing anything wrong, least not from the last time played this soul destroying version. You can only breed with your own.

Other than that, don't use the main 'Breeding' tab, instead use the 'My Breeding' sub tab in the lower of the two navigation bars.

Turn it in.

To the OP.

Click My breeding, then my breeding mares, there is a little red button next to your mares with a list of all sires underneath, choose which one u wish you to pair with and breed away.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:49 am
Selling plater

sounds like you haven't bought a breeding barn. you need to buy one in order to breed your mares

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:30 pm
Handicapper

The breeding tab you want is not the one in the top most row that is the very first button. It's the one in the second row of tabs with Summary as the first tab. It's called "My breeding". Click this tab to bring up your breeding.

If you have the breeding shed unlocked and have retired mares to it, then you will see your mares under the "Your Breeding MARES" tab.
If you have the stud unlocked, then you should see your retired stallions under "Your STUD". This is also the screen where you can rename your stud by clicking it in the upper left hand corner (it's in red).
If you have any yearlings, then you'll see them under "Your yearlings".

If you want to breed your mare to your own stallion, make sure you are on the "Your breeding MARES" tab, then just find your stallion in the list of "Current international top sires." on the same tab which is just below the table with your mares listed. Sorting by "Standing at" which might make it more obvious to find your stallions if you have more than one retired. If you don't have the stud and/or you have no retired stallions, obviously you won't see yours so the only option is to breed to NPC stallions. To select a horse, you just hit the "S" icon on the right hand side of the horse's line. Once you have a stallion and mare selected, you can breed them. Unlike earlier version, failure rates seem to either be non-existent at this time (will likely change since even low fertility horses have little chance of failing) or minimal.

If you select the single horse head icon, you see the stallion's personal data like how they did on the track. Click the icon with 3 horse heads and you see how well they're foals have done. Might want to actually look more at the foals, though. I had a stallion who had like 55 G1 wins from his foals. Turns out 40 G1 were from a single gelding. Rest of his foals were pretty lackluster.

I know I've explained this in another thread previously as you aren't the first one to be caught up by the "Breeding" button vs "My breeding" tab. And you aren't the first to be confused on how you find your own stallions to breed with.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:49 pm
Handicapper

Thought I'd add a guide with some pics, seeing as I have a bit of spare time:

1, Goto the 'My Breeding Tab'

2, Goto the tab for the 'Your Breeding MARES' section

3, Find the mare you want to breed and select the 'RED S' to the right of the mares going preference

4, In the sires section at the bottom of the same screen. Sort by 'Standing' and scroll down until you reach the horses you have retired to stud from your own stable. These will have a blue P1 next to your stud barn name in the 'Standing' column so should be easy to spot. Select the 'RED S' next to the stallion you want to breed to the mare you selected earlier. You'll then get a confirm prompt towards the top of the screen.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:56 pm
Handicapper

guardian_titan wrote:

If you want to breed your mare to your own stallion, make sure you are on the "Your breeding MARES" tab, then just find your stallion in the list of "Current international top sires." on the same tab which is just below the table with your mares listed. Sorting by "Standing at" which might make it more obvious to find your stallions if you have more than one retired. ...

I know I've explained this in another thread previously as you aren't the first one to be caught up by the "Breeding" button vs "My breeding" tab. And you aren't the first to be confused on how you find your own stallions to breed with.

This. And it got me at first too. He did say he had bought the Stud Barn as well.

I have started naming my Stud Barn to something that starts with A or W-Z in games so it pops to the top in a sort/reverse sort of the "Standing At" column. Scrolling down to find your stud at first, when you have only one, in the big list is hard on hands and easy to miss.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]