View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 3yo Colt rated 130.. disappointed by stats 
Handicapper

Post 3yo Colt rated 130.. disappointed by stats
Kind of disappointed by the potential.. ive bred duds with higher potential than this. what is everyone thoughts on the below image.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:03 am
Handicapper

Post Re: 3yo Colt rated 130.. disappointed by stats
I've noticed some poorer potential, highly rated horses as well. I'm not sure if this is down to the rating system in game or our own fixation on that potential bar which generates the disappointment.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:10 am
Handicapper

Since its been in my stable has won 1 from 9 starts.. The potential bar should mean a lot, But to me a horse like this should be at max a group 3 horse with the ability to sneak in a G1 race.. but my thinking behind this is, that at 3yo it was the horse that used its potential to its maximum.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:58 am
Handicapper

MaLuckyDay wrote:
Since its been in my stable has won 1 from 9 starts.. The potential bar should mean a lot, But to me a horse like this should be at max a group 3 horse with the ability to sneak in a G1 race.. but my thinking behind this is, that at 3yo it was the horse that used its potential to its maximum.

I've found G1 winning horses with less than 50 potential. One as low as 30!

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:12 am
Handicapper

It would be interesting to know what the intended design choice is here. Now, I find the game playable for my purposes like this. I'm fairly casual, and play through seasons rather slowly. I also, personally, would appreciate the potential bar being less the be all and end all of bars (the one bar to rule them all bar?). Anyway ...

The reason for asking clarification is to determine what is a bug, and what is an intended change for testing in beta. If it is supposed to be this way, then we should see how playable it is, and not think these low bars are "bugs". That has been my assumption, but it would be nice if I knew for sure.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:49 pm
Group 3 winner

MaLuckyDay wrote:
Kind of disappointed by the potential.. ive bred duds with higher potential than this. what is everyone thoughts on the below image.

I play the game slowly, don't rush through season after season trying to breed or find the wonder horses. In real life we know of Frankel because he was a freak, a once in a decade occurrence, if not longer, that's why we celebrate him so much. This horse, in my mind, would be a Listed race winner at best, maybe squeak a poor Group 3 if very lucky. Most likely, from my experience over every version of the game, and extensive, if slow play, he would be a top rate handicapper who, when his handicap mark got too high, could hold his own in Listed company. That would be my take on this horse if that helps at all.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:56 pm
Handicapper

neves_rats wrote:
MaLuckyDay wrote:

I play the game slowly, don't rush through season after season trying to breed or find the wonder horses. In real life we know of Frankel because he was a freak, a once in a decade occurrence, if not longer, that's why we celebrate him so much. This horse, in my mind, would be a Listed race winner at best, maybe squeak a poor Group 3 if very lucky. Most likely, from my experience over every version of the game, and extensive, if slow play, he would be a top rate handicapper who, when his handicap mark got too high, could hold his own in Listed company. That would be my take on this horse if that helps at all.

Just to make this clear, this is a game bred horse not my own. I was disappointed to see a horse like this be the top rated 3yo and i've had better looking breeds of my own do nothing.

Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:39 am
Group 1 winner

I do wonder if this version of SO7 has been deliberately tweaked by Mark so that potential is less paramount than in previous versions and therefore players reliance on it as pretty much the most significant indicator of how good a horse is has been reduced. If so, that's not a bad thing in my opinion. After all, other stats/factors should also be of significance too.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:31 am
Group 2 winner

GS63 wrote:
I do wonder if this version of SO7 has been deliberately tweaked by Mark so that potential is less paramount than in previous versions and therefore players reliance on it as pretty much the most significant indicator of how good a horse is has been reduced. If so, that's not a bad thing in my opinion. After all, other stats/factors should also be of significance too.

I agree and do hope so. If we actually have to race them to find out if they are any good rather than dumping most of the horses we breed simply by looking at the stats that is more realistic and a good thing.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:03 am
Group 1 winner

Bred the best to the best and hope for the best

Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
GS63 wrote:

I agree and do hope so. If we actually have to race them to find out if they are any good rather than dumping most of the horses we breed simply by looking at the stats that is more realistic and a good thing.

Definitely agree!

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]