View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Newbie Question 
Selling plater

Post Newbie Question
Hi there,

Having recently gotten into S07 (very impressed so far), I have a couple of questions that I'm sure will be bleedingly obvious, but I can't seem to find answered elsewhere on this forum or in the games general instructions. Any assistance from the more experienced folk would be appreciated!

1. In the horse stats window, what is the relation between the vertical green & red bars for condition? As i see it now, the red bar decreasing the more runs into a preparation the horse gets which makes sense to make as in the horses condition deteriorates over time, but i can't follow what the green bar has anything to do with?

2. Gallops - What sort of distance is recommended for running gallops? I've been trying either the exact distance of the planned racing distance for a horse, or 1 furlong less, but i'm not really sure if this is getting the most out of it?

3. Stable Buildings/Upgrades - Is there any tangible benefit when purchasing the Office, On-site trainers accom, staff accommodation buildings, or are they purely cosmetic?

Cheers

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:23 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Newbie Question
The green bar is the horse's condition as the season goes on, so it decreases after each run. As with real life, some horses can run more time than others before it decreases to a pointy where the horse shouldn't run again without first having a decent rest

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:36 am
Selling plater

neves_rats wrote:
The green bar is the horse's condition as the season goes on, so it decreases after each run. As with real life, some horses can run more time than others before it decreases to a pointy where the horse shouldn't run again without first having a decent rest

Hmmm, see that's kinda what i thought the red bar did?

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:47 am
Group 3 winner

MrMuyagi wrote:
neves_rats wrote:

Hmmm, see that's kinda what i thought the red bar did?

You're right, I got them the wrong way round. The green bar is the horse's current condition, so the nearer to full the better for each race, the red bar decreases after each run as per my initial answer.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]