View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 SO 7 League Feedback 
Group 1 winner

Post SO 7 League Feedback
Needing Feedback. :D :D

I was wondering if and when we have a new League Season in Starters Orders 7 Is anyone New wanting to play in it.

If u would like to but u don't because u don't like something about it or u just don't like things would u or could u let us knows , we always willing to listen to ways we could improve the league and to expand the league.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:24 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: SO 7 League Feedback
I`ll be returning to the league, it's been a long time as I didn`t get time to play SO6.

I have little idea of how the league is run these days apart from races are on youtube instead of replays which is not surprising considering the way in game playback of races look.

Looking forward and will give feedback if I have any issues when the time comes.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:09 am
Group 3 winner

Welcome back :D

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:17 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:

I was wondering if and when we have a new League Season in Starters Orders 7 Is anyone New wanting to play in it.

If u would like to but u don't because u don't like something about it or u just don't like things would u or could u let us knows , we always willing to listen to ways we could improve the league and to expand the league.

I played one (or maybe two, can't remember!) season of the league many (10+) years ago. The league itself was good fun and the people who run it do a great job.

The problem for me was that playing the game to build a team for the league dramatically reduced my enjoyment of the game itself. Skipping through large parts of seasons, simming races and basically racing through the game quickly to try to establish breeding lines as fast as possible just wasn't fun for me. And then I found that, having spent weeks/months doing that, my horses still weren't competitive! So, after that I just gave up on trying for the league and went back to enjoying the game at a slower pace and spending more time on things like schedule mods.

What I'm really hoping for is that a future game in the SO series includes some kind of online mode, where a large number of players can play the game simultaneously.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:49 pm
Group 3 winner

panther wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

I played one (or maybe two, can't remember!) season of the league many (10+) years ago. The league itself was good fun and the people who run it do a great job.

The problem for me was that playing the game to build a team for the league dramatically reduced my enjoyment of the game itself. Skipping through large parts of seasons, simming races and basically racing through the game quickly to try to establish breeding lines as fast as possible just wasn't fun for me. And then I found that, having spent weeks/months doing that, my horses still weren't competitive! So, after that I just gave up on trying for the league and went back to enjoying the game at a slower pace and spending more time on things like schedule mods.

What I'm really hoping for is that a future game in the SO series includes some kind of online mode, where a large number of players can play the game simultaneously.

Im not sure how long ago u played but the schedule has more races for all the horses these days , its taken a few seasons to get to but we try to cater for all horses . If u horse win a few group 1 races in game then u should have a chance to win a race in the league.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:03 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Im not sure how long ago u played but the schedule has more races for all the horses these days , its taken a few seasons to get to but we try to cater for all horses . If u horse win a few group 1 races in game then u should have a chance to win a race in the league.

It was many years ago. In fact, it was the very first season that DodgyDave's TOM system was used, so probably more than 10 years ago!

With the size of the schedule I'm creating and the way I play the game, when I finally get around to start playing the game properly I'm expecting it to take at least a week or two in real time to play through each season in the game, so it's going to take a while to get any sort of decent breeding started, but I might enter one or two horses in future leagues.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:25 pm
Group 3 winner

There's plenty of time yet, the last season of SO6 won't be finished until mid June and then i'd imagine a few months after that. :D

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:44 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
There's plenty of time yet, the last season of SO6 won't be finished until mid June and then i'd imagine a few months after that. :D

Sounds good... I'm hoping to start playing the game around June, once I've done a bit more testing, and my schedule and other mods are completed, so will aim to export a few horses along the way.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:45 am
Handicapper

I'm hoping to join. Was looking to join a SO5 league a few years back but that stopped around the same time and moved to SO6, which I didn't buy.

I'll likely be in claimers/low level handicaps but I'll give it a go.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:38 pm
Group 3 winner

ikem007 wrote:
I'm hoping to join. Was looking to join a SO5 league a few years back but that stopped around the same time and moved to SO6, which I didn't buy.

I'll likely be in claimers/low level handicaps but I'll give it a go.

It will be fun when the league is up and running.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]