View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Stats / Triple Crowns 
Selling plater

Post Stats / Triple Crowns
i don’t know if its just on my game, or if its a very regular occurrence.

i have played 25 seasons on my current game, really studying the families when breeding etc, and I’m having some success,

however!

why is there no horses with any Battling Quality, or Distance adaptability, almost every horse has like 5% Battling Qualities and 10% or less Distance Adaptability.

is this a bug? i don't understand why i never breed or buy any horse with any of these.

this leads onto my second question, what do you need to win a triple crown, either UK, Ireland or US, what stats am i looking for, as mentioned above i would think distance adaptability is a must however literally no horses have this?

in triple crown US, i managed to win Kentucky Derby/Preakness, end up 3rd or 4th in the Brooklyn.

in UK IRE etc, i just never have a horse that could win at 1m then up to 1m6 at 3 years old, it seems once they have the distance it’s almost impossible to win at any higher...

help please?

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:13 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Stats / Triple Crowns
I have found some horses with distance adaptability. At least in SO6 it helped, I haven't chased triple crowns yet in SO7.

Are you also changing the jockey orders?

Say your horse's preferred pace is even, if the race is shorter than he likes ask him to run handy, go early. If the longer tell the jockey lt. hold, move late to adjust his pace to the expected slower race pace and make sure he has enough stamina left to sustain a final push.

The ability of the horse to hold form when running out of thier preferred position is also a hidden stat I think.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:01 pm
Selling plater

many thanks, i will give it a try,

i have been close many times on the american,

i havent even attempted the UK or Irish yet, as just seems no horses with distance adaptability and i think thats just never going to work with the 1m, 1m4, 1m6

but its keeping me focussed to complete them all

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:21 am
Group 3 winner

They are harder to find in this game but it makes it more of a challenge, just found the first gamebreed sire to give of battling and one of my horses was give 70 percent and I finally got one to give out a high distance bar and so they are there. One thing i've noticed is more horses has the dreaded red bar and so it keeps u on u toes. Unlike SO6 some horses don't improve from 2 to 3.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:58 am
Handicapper

One other thing is the maturity rate, since these are 3yos.

Another hidden stat, we discussed in the other thread. But sometimes the horse is suited to the longer/last distance, but is still maturing. So the stamina bar rises in perfect sync with the schedule.

A rarer find, but got 2/3 on a UK triple with one. New barn, hadn't put him in the first due to distance/maturity mismatch wasn't until I dropped him in the Derby Trial and he did better than my intended Derby winner, and was good then for last two legs. My intended Derby entry had no distance versatility, and also liked firm going. So I sent him to the US BC Classic at 1m2f against older horses, and much to my surprise he put it away. So my Derby prospect went to US, and my expected late year longer distance 3yo matured right at the time to snag the Derby/Leger on his way to longer races.

So you can also look for 1m6f horses and try to find one whose maturity peaks through the 3yo season.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:17 pm
Selling plater

thanks for the advice, its going to keep me going and trying to get the breeding right until it happens, hopefully before SO8 :)

Wed May 01, 2019 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]