View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 What's Happening in My Game SO7 Edition 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: What's Happening in My Game SO7 Edition
NealMac wrote:
These are interesting and helpful!
Especially being able to see the horse and then your prediction/projection for it.

I am wondering though: You do not put POT realized and unrealized into your spreadsheet? Or am I missing it?

I had eight+ seasons going in two saves when Mark opened up the stats again for league players. The group that was in my breeding shed was of varying ages and states of deterioration that recording an accurate potential number was impossible. I just decided to use 75% and up as an acceptable keeper number. Now I keep raising the stats of my horses until I have a bunch of stats rich horses that I mass breed to high potential horses in the future.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:23 am
Handicapper

Ahhh, that makes sense. I didn't know you used to not be able to see the stats on the front summary page. That would have sucked I think.
Thanks for the explanation.

You inspired me to stop breeding off the cuff with spur of the moment peaks to see if it might be a good match, and actually write all the stats down, and get a much cleared picture of how they might match up if things go right, or where they might go wrong.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:08 pm
Group 1 winner

The greatest game sire ever. These are his Group 1 winners. He was high speed but always rated in second just off the leader. His offspring are the same way.

Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Probably the most annoying bug to me. It's been reported for years now and never addressed.

When a horse gets disqualified and also in the race a horse pulls up injured the disqualified horse of course is placed last (In real life they would be placed behind the horse they interfered with but no that somehow can't be implemented in this game - I have no idea why)...the ratings for the race become astronomically high because the injured horse finished a billion lengths back and the AI reads it as a massive win. I hate this bug with a passion. EXAMPLE..

I finished third in the Preakness and my rating went from 107 to 131. I've seen this nonsense happen many times. It totally messes up a 2yo's ratings when it happens.

Now you know.

Tue May 10, 2022 9:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Don't you hate when one of the two year olds you sell at the beginning of the year because they look like they stink....turn the tables on you and beat you in every major stakes race for the next five years? This beast is whooping my butt...

Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:35 am
Group 1 winner

Look at this horse. Barely won his debut and then places in the other three races of his 2yo season. Places in all of his races as a 3yo except the last which was his toughest race to date. At four he is undefeated so far winning impressively at the highest level. His maturity rate suggests he should have been doing this at two.

Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:22 am
Group 1 winner

Getting ready for this league season I learned the hard way that if you start a new save without selecting the league option you will lose your export file. I played a while before checking the file and realizing I had lost my precious exports that I had been collecting for quite some time. With very little time before the season started I mustered up some exports and so far have had a decent season.

My horses aren't group horses but they compete nicely in the right spots. When I export I give one of two directions - (Speed Horses) no instructions. (Come from behind horses) don't lead. I'm sure the league trainers have noticed my horses tend to fly on the lead. Thank goodness Satyam isn't in this season or I'd never win a race because his speed just killed my horses last season. I don't want to be flying on the lead every race but I think most of the league trainers have off the pace types and I'm inheriting the lead every damn race.

I'm a manual trainer and it took my dumb self forever to figure out that the training boost happens every Thursday. So I have speeded up my play by skipping along the days and stopping every Thursday to check possible entries. Also I have reduced the amount of horses in the stable to around ten and I never watch races anymore. I have numerous saves from different countries with a lot focusing on certain distances.

Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6