View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What's Happening in My Game SO7 Edition 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: What's Happening in My Game SO7 Edition
Quote:
Thank you. That will help a lot. You don't worry about constitution? I notice my horses with low constitution have the head lad recommending to send them out to grass with only a few races.

If they can only run a couple races early so be it. It doesn't have much effect on horses for league play. Just that they'll take longer to hit their peak. As soon as my head lad says "Careful! this horse is over raced" or whatever he says...I send them out to grass. I have a current sire I bred who needed sending out to grass in his two year and three year old season. A lot of his offspring are the same way.

Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:24 am
Group 1 winner

So I just rounded up a league team. I've played a few seasons in some US, AUS and UK jumps games since the last league season ended. Not enough to improve my league team hopes. The stats are getting better but I suspect my horses will only be marginally better than last seasons horses.

So I just fired up the US game where it was last saved on Day 1 of the year. I have 95 2yo's to sell! Good lord I need to downsize but I also need better horses. From 95 2yo's I culled the herd down to 19. Sold the rest for $105 million. My loose criteria for keeping a 2yo is at least 75 potential. Male horses around 80 potential. They must have solid numbers in all the other important stats. I don't like horses whose realized potential is substantially lower than their absolute potential. They tend to be lackluster performers. Realized potential will go up a little in a horse's first two or three starts and then stay level.

I did this a long ago and now I do it again - I present to you my 19 2yo's. Which one will retire to stud as the best of the lot? Some may never make it that far. Did I pick the right ones or will the castoffs haunt me in every feature race which seems to happen a lot. Here goes...

Screenshots of each horse's vitals coming in next post.

Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:00 am
Group 1 winner

First up Diamond Studded - Dam was league quality. I'll throw in the parents numbers to boot. The first eight stats before the first total column are what I consider the primary stats. The very last total is the sum of the first two. An upper 900's is a high number for me. Colored numbers are above average. Also included is the dam's offspring.

Prediction - May win one grade one but likely to hang a lot. Those potential bars will never meet but the dam is highly regarded.

Our Princess - I think the dam was in the league. Has good numbers everywhere but average breeding.

Prediction - Looking at her more I think she may prove to be good.

Threat Level - The sire was a great game horse but did nothing in the CK.

Prediction - Solid chance at Group 1 status?

Drama Queen - Pretty subpar breeding.

Prediction - May have a little talent but her future is breeding.

Crystal Clear - Not much to go on.

Prediction - Likely a dud. Breeding material.

Wicked Stepmother - Sire is a top sprint sire who I have a few of his in my barn.

Prediction - Good bars across the board. Group 1 winner.

Snuck In - Sire is a strong son of a very potent game sire.

Prediction - Sold at auction?

Afternoon Delight - Barely a keeper with solid parents.

Prediction - May not make the cut.

Firehouse - Great bars except for that potential.

Prediction - Likely Group 1 winner.

Piece Of Ash - What a name, right? Pretty solid looking despite the average breeding.

Prediction - Gets a group 1...barely.

Feels Like - The sire has great primary stats and this guy is pretty solid.

Prediction - Should be a solid sprinter.

Saras Heart - Future broodmare

Prediction - Graded stakes placed at most.

Exhibit Heart - Dam was league quality.

Prediction - Minor stakes winner

Hayseed - Not much here.

Prediction - Sold at auction.

Arise - Obscure breeding but good potential.

Prediction - Group 2 winner

Moon Shot - Sensational breeding and solid bars and a good name.

Prediction - Multiple grade 1 winner and maybe best of the lot.

To Be Clear - Solid bars and dam was a beast in game.

Prediction - Multiple Grade 1 winner going long later in career.

Hemz Racing Chicken - Pretty solid bars to go along with a killer name. Now that's a name.

Prediction - Maybe gets a Grade 1 win? Then sold for a kajillion dollars as a NFT. The future of racing!

Remember Forever - Pretty nice breeding and bars

Prediction - Multiple grade 1 winner.

That's all of them.

Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:33 am
Group 1 winner

I've settled on who I think is best. It'll be interesting to see in a month or two who is the best. Maybe learn a little something from logging these details.

Firehouse
Moon Shot
Remember Forever
Wicked Stepmother
To Be Clear
Piece Of Ash
Arise

Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:05 am
Group 1 winner

Here's the 19 on day 1 of their 3yo season. No superstars in the group but very consistent in the money types. Crystal Clear looks like a top Kentucky Derby horse. Afternoon Delight looks like a late bloomer. Remember Forever had a horrible injury filled season with bad training by me to boot.

Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Moving to the AUS save now. I finally got around to culling all the subpar mares in the shed. I kept everything with a +900 stat total. I sold the castoffs at auction and along with all the 2yo's I sold I finally surpassed the billion mark in earnings. That should be an achievement. I need to shed more horses.

Here are the Stallions and their stats. The very top row is the average which includes the mares numbers also. I got a stud for every distance.

Mares

Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:18 pm
Group 3 winner

How do u get the cruise bar in u USA game!

Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:03 am
Group 1 winner

The horses in the above post are from an AUS game. AUS game cruising burst average = 49. US game cruising burst average = 45

Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:04 pm
Group 1 winner

I play two flat games - US and AUS. Both are 18 seasons long. I recorded the stats for every horse that made the breeding barn. After a while I had a pretty large group of mares and sires. I just shed a whole bunch of low stat horses in both games and I now have a smaller but much more potent group of horses. It was interesting to see how similar the average stats were for both games.

Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:13 am
Group 1 winner

This is a neat horse. I got him to start the game. An Australian save. He's pretty much the only 2m 3f in this save. He's 21 now and has an impressive stud career.

Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:21 am
Handicapper

SiriusChill wrote:
Piece Of Ash

Cheeky bastard. :lol:

Are you in the online league?

Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:36 am
Group 1 winner

Yes. I've been in the league forever.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:29 am
Group 1 winner

Just a look at how I manage my league team...

1. By age/sex.
2. I record the parents to help with managing full brothers/sisters.
3. The trial distance(s) they excelled at in my trials.
4. Using the filter option in the CK I find their exact distance range according to the CK's thinking.
5. The breeding distance shown on their horse data screen.
6. The going preference shown on their horse data screen with green shaded boxes meaning they do very well on off tracks.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:53 pm
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
I've settled on who I think is best. It'll be interesting to see in a month or two who is the best. Maybe learn a little something from logging these details.

Firehouse
Moon Shot
Remember Forever
Wicked Stepmother
To Be Clear
Piece Of Ash
Arise

Here's what's left of the 19 at the start of the 4yo season. I sold a bunch who didn't meet my mandatory stat threshold. Piece Of Ash and Crystal Clear are very good trial horses and will join my league team this week. Overall they are underperforming or I'm training bad. I've had better lots of horses.

Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:48 pm
Handicapper

These are interesting and helpful!
Especially being able to see the horse and then your prediction/projection for it.

I am wondering though: You do not put POT realized and unrealized into your spreadsheet? Or am I missing it?

Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next