View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What's Happening in My Game SO7 Edition 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: What's Happening in My Game SO7 Edition
What does it take to get a 140 rating in this version??? This horse is the best in-game horse I've had so far. Seems to get stronger with every race.

Here's her last five races. She handily beat Primatico and Wooing who are the top two horses in the game besides her. The bottom race is the most recent. Her latest win she won by five lengths with the jockey flying the mighty fist in the air - the rating stayed the same. :? I have one race left to get to 140 before I retire her. It would be my first 140 rated horse in SO7.

Mon May 11, 2020 4:52 am
Group 3 winner

I think the ratings are far better on this one, before it was way to easy to get to 140.

Mon May 11, 2020 11:39 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
I think the ratings are far better on this one, before it was way to easy to get to 140.

I like it too but this horse has earned a 140. Her last race of her career was like the rest. She dominated a Group one with the jockey's fist in the air at the end. Still the rating stayed at 136.

Mon May 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Quote:

I like it too but this horse has earned a 140. Her last race of her career was like the rest. She dominated a Group one with the jockey's fist in the air at the end. Still the rating stayed at 136.

If the rest of the field weren't highly rated it wil stay as is. Don't have many rated 140, but here is one from long ago. Winning the Melnbourne Cup with top weight took him to 140

Mon May 11, 2020 6:27 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
SiriusChill wrote:
Quote:

If the rest of the field weren't highly rated it wil stay as is. Don't have many rated 140, but here is one from long ago. Winning the Melnbourne Cup with top weight took him to 140

Wow mate ! That is some horse for a 3rd gen, I’m 9 deep and don’t have animals like that

Mon May 11, 2020 7:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Only cost me about 400k as well when I bought him as a unraced 3yo

Mon May 11, 2020 8:04 pm
Group 1 winner

This horse makes me proud. The astute trainer travels the wide world taking Oaks races. Beating foreign horses at their home track is no easy task either. She had a foundation of too short races at two to make her what she is now.

She'll end up in the broodmare band being bred to the best two milers I can find. It's a US save and top class two milers are rare. I have a bunch of 1m3f and up mares with mostly terrible form and class with the sole intent of breeding them to two milers. I'm creating long distance stock in my US save the arduous way. My AUS game is a lot easier when compiling long distance horses.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:57 pm
Group 1 winner

I like horses like this even though they are frustrating. Always in the money but rarely win. My guess is her Finish Application is weak. She's a daughter of two of my league horses who are pretty poor in the league but do compete albeit in cheaper league races.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Playing the last season I can squeeze in before I trial for the league. I am throwing my lot in with the current all-time money earner in this save. He's beaten my all-time great who is 12th on the list. I'll breed her to him. Here's hoping he's not a bust.

Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:30 am
Group 1 winner

Finally! I have bred and raced a 140 rated horse. In the final race of her career the conveniently name Top Ranked was expected to finish second to the horse I thought would be the one to hit 140 first - Duty Free. Duty Free turned into a beast at 4 and was running eye popping races with Top Ranked not far behind in most of those races. In the final race of both their careers Duty Free ran a poor third as Top Ranked cruised to victory. Here's hoping they're league quality - they sure look it.

Top Ranked

Duty Free

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:05 am
Group 1 winner

Another 140 rated beast. The 140 in the previous post was in season 15 of an Australia save. This one is in season 16 of a US save.

Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:17 am
Selling plater

Do you have any tips on breeding? Any specific attributes you look for? Are sire and dam equally important?

Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:05 am
Group 1 winner

Since the stats have been allowed again in league play I've started up my stats sheet. Mind you in league play I'm middling at best with some flashes of better horses here and there so I may not be an expert but I got a good idea. My league horses are all from separate 15 year saves so I haven't a deep base to work with. These horses are from my Australian save.

I use open office and record all the stats down when a horse hits the breeding shed. Usually at five years old. The top group are my best sires and the other group are my broodmares. Colored numbers are above the average. The average for each group is the bottom row of numbers. There are many more horses I used to make the average.

The first group of stats just after the horse name up to the first total column are the stats I deem the most important. Ordered by their individual importance. Cruising Burst, Extra Speed, Speed, Acceleration, Enthusiasm, Finish, Battling and Starting. The second group up to the next total column are secondary stats to me that don't affect league quality but I still try to get the best of these too. The final total column is the sum of the first two. Potential is probably the most important but I left it off because I couldn't get an accurate number on a lot of my horses due to age progression. I generally keep a good stats horse that's at least 75% potential. I use this sheet to match the right horses. I try to fill the uncolored numbers with colored.

In the sires list or at auctions for both sexes I like to look for race records that show the horse at least placing in all or a majority of their races. The best stats horses tend to show up every race. Winning many Group 1's is of course the obvious sign of quality. Offspring of horses you know have good stats are always good gambles at auction. I have 700 million so money means nothing. I buy everything that catches my attention. I check every auction. Mares who have produced a group 1 horse previously always get bought by me.

I like to breed the best with the best. I also like breeding racing style with racing style. A pure frontrunner with a pure front runner. A stone cold closer with another and so on.

Last edited by SiriusChill on Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:52 am
Handicapper

Interesting you prioritize Cruising Burst. I stumbled in to a 140 rated homebred in my first few seasons in my newer UK combo game. He even got the 140 at 4 for two races in a row and in distance races! His game sire looked promising, and was cheap. But the game retired that game sire after a couple seasons. Fortunately I bred to him a lot since he was cheap!

I just retired the homebred 140 at peak stallion to breed, his CB is 75.

Because the game sire was cheap I also have two mares off him that I retired to breed as well, one a G3 winner, one a listed winner with CB's 80, and 68.

The only other homebred stallion I retired has a better potential than the very high CB line, and his CB is 50. G2 winner but multiple G1 placed. Different game sire, but I hope I can cross well to get some high CB and potential horses.

Have high hopes for this start: Horses that run a mile and and three quarters lounging about, and then *after* that just go WHOOOOOOOOSH. Very fun to watch. I hope at least one of them passes it on as well as the game bred sire.

Have a gelding off that same game sire that I'm sending to jumps now too.

Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:01 am
Selling plater

SiriusChill wrote:
Since the stats have been allowed again in league play I've started up my stats sheet. Mind you in league play I'm middling at best with some flashes of better horses here and there so I may not be an expert but I got a good idea. My league horses are all from separate 15 year saves so I haven't a deep base to work with. These horses are from my Australian save.

I use open office and record all the stats down when a horse hits the breeding shed. Usually at five years old. The top group are my best sires and the other group are my broodmares. Colored numbers are above the average. The average for each group is the bottom row of numbers. There are many more horses I used to make the average.

The first group of stats just after the horse name up to the first total column are the stats I deem the most important. Ordered by their individual importance. Cruising Burst, Extra Speed, Speed, Acceleration, Enthusiasm, Finish, Battling and Starting. The second group up to the next total column are secondary stats to me that don't affect league quality but I still try to get the best of these too. The final total column is the sum of the first two. Potential is probably the most important but I left it off because I couldn't get an accurate number on a lot of my horses due to age progression. I generally keep a good stats horse that's at least 75% potential. I use this sheet to match the right horses. I try to fill the uncolored numbers with colored.

In the sires list or at auctions for both sexes I like to look for race records that show the horse at least placing in all or a majority of their races. The best stats horses tend to show up every race. Winning many Group 1's is of course the obvious sign of quality. Offspring of horses you know have good stats are always good gambles at auction. I have 700 million so money means nothing. I buy everything that catches my attention. I check every auction. Mares who have produced a group 1 horse previously always get bought by me.

I like to breed the best with the best. I also like breeding racing style with racing style. A pure frontrunner with a pure front runner. A stone cold closer with another and so on.

Thank you. That will help a lot. You don't worry about constitution? I notice my horses with low constitution have the head lad recommending to send them out to grass with only a few races.

Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next