View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 3 questions for newbie 
Selling plater

Post 3 questions for newbie
Hi, dabbled a bit with SO6 and just purchased SO7. 3 things puzzling me and the first one did the same to me in S06

1. The deterioration bar. I take it if its very low and red then the horse in nearly finished. So is it better if red bar filled up ?

2. If you send mare to breeding barn and it succesfully mates then can you bring it back out to race for a time or is it finished from game racing for good (retired) ?

3. I usually start with all flat legends from beginning and follow them. Only so i can bet on them when they run (doesnt always work especially canford cliffs), is it good to do this as making money is impossible from the off ?

Thanks in advance

Sat May 18, 2019 8:43 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: 3 questions for newbie
1. The opposite. It is a bad bar, and doesn't change over the life of the horse. Less red is best. More red means the horse ages poorly.

2. I think you can send her back to race, but not in foal. I have sent mares back to the track from the barn. I just never tried it with them currently in foal (and would expect that to fail). So if you wait for it to come out I'm 100% sure you can.

3. That works. There are other ways. Betting on other horses doing well, betting on your own horses, buying and selling horses (nice thread on that in here somewhere). Also can sell the worst of your starting horses, esp. if on easier setting and get the breeding barn right away. Claim a couple cheap mares, or buy the very cheap ones at breeding stock sales, and go to the cheapest studs with fair stats. You can sell them as yearlings now. Or sell the worst of your horses, and buy a horse that can run, and let it make you some money too. You can also pinhook. Look for wellbred but cheap yearlings at the yearling sales. Keep them in the barn (not like you can do anything else with them yet) until they are two and they should always sell for more. I usually do a mix of ways, as I set some of the legends to enter later and repeat so I can get the cheevo for winning a race with one in it later on.

Sat May 18, 2019 8:52 pm
Selling plater

Thans a lot.

Well i was very confused with point 1 then ha.

Yeah, money making is hard. I do play easy mode as thats hard enough for me it seems. I do also sell one of my 2 year olds i get at start, which does earn me a bit of starting money. Not sure thats great option but dont see any other way to upgrade, cheers.

Sat May 18, 2019 9:09 pm
Handicapper

2. Once the mare is in foal you can no longer send her racing again that season.

The others seem to have been covered well.

Sun May 19, 2019 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Thanks folks, getting there .....slowly.

Been reading the other post from newbie and thats helped also.

Mon May 20, 2019 9:26 pm
Group 3 winner

bubbsboy wrote:
3. I usually start with all flat legends from beginning and follow them. Only so i can bet on them when they run (doesnt always work especially canford cliffs), is it good to do this as making money is impossible from the off ?

Thanks in advance

Actually its easy to have a small fortune in your first season, depends how you want to play the game.

If you only want realism then read no further!!!

Start up some other new games and export to game pool any unraced G1 linage 2yo's from the 5 starting horses. (UK game best for this)
Import into your main game and sell.

Tue May 21, 2019 12:45 am
Handicapper

Jango wrote:
bubbsboy wrote:
Start up some other new games and export to game pool any unraced G1 linage 2yo's from the 5 starting horses. (UK game best for this)
Import into your main game and sell.

You can import 16 horses per season for small fees, so you can start up 3 games on easy, export each horse to the game pool, then start a 4th game and import all 15 horses (sell some or all of your initial horses first to buy the increased stable size, or import and sell as you go). You'll have a good change to get a nice racehorse and a lot of cash to start the betting too.

Sun May 26, 2019 4:20 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Thanks to both for the above advice , i did this a couple of times. Didn`t want to be greedy ;-)

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]