View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 training of horses 
Selling plater

Post training of horses
Hi
Been playing SO since its conception, and have liked the game very much and appreciated the advance that has been made within the game, But SO7 in some respects has taken a backwards move:-the animation is awful, the commentary is not good(nothing to do with accent),no emotion.
I play in real training mode, any other(always ready to race) is not realistic, trainers able to place bets is not realistic either, not for the serious player, some racecourses bear no resemblance to actual courses(have been to many)

training I find very frustrating, having got a horse to almost peak fitness for a race, many times when I put onto optimum training for last 4/5 days, it actually drops back to half fitness, Why?. costs of 2 year olds is way too high for the amount of money you start with, finding it difficult to make any progress without actually cheating(don't want to do that)
Anybody with any helpful tips will be greatly appreciated
Dave :( :( :( :(

Fri May 31, 2019 10:56 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: training of horses
You've played since its conception and you haven't figured out manual training yet? Your other complaints I don't agree with.

Anyway my manual training regimen. I like to go by weekly increments. After a race I almost always give my horses 21 days off (3 weeks). Sometimes if they recover fast I'll look for a race after 14 days off (2 weeks).

Charlie Fable after 21 days. The green condition bar is at 90%. That's not good enough for me. Another week's rest for Charlie. The red condition bar has to be 100% for me to start any training regimen.

After 28 days. 95% is good enough but not for me. Another week off.

35 days off and condition is 99%. I now look for a race.

I look for a race roughly 21 days away if the horse's status indicator is amber. 28 days if the status indicator is red. I found a race 23 days away. I turn the training intensity from blue to amber and then skip to 14 days before the race where I then turn the training intensity to red. I skip to the day before the race where I then turn the training intensity back to amber. This is just my thing because I think in real life horse's don't train hard the day before a race. I suspect it makes no difference if you keep the training intensity on red when you skip to race day.

Charlie was an undefeated cheapo running in sellers when I bought him. This was his first start for me...

His form...

My own preference is to stamina train. Also set the special training to agility or starting if the horse needs it anytime your horse is resting.

Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:53 am
Handicapper

Welp, as a newbie, I just realised I'm ridiculously over-racing my horses. I'm in November of my first season and two of my horses have already come up with the message about being done for the season. Now I know why, I guess. I've only been giving them a few days on blue, then amber to maintain, then red for 2 weeks before their next race but their next race was like only a month away from their last one.

Can I clarify, in your post you say you're looking at the green condition bar before booking a race and wanting it to be at 100% before picking a race but you also said you don't start training the horse until the red condition bar was at 100% in the same paragraph (right at the top before the pictures). Is is actually both or was that a mistake?

Also, does this apply to Starters Orders 7 in the same way? It looked like you were using SO6?

Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:40 am
Selling plater

Hi
Of course I know how to train the horses up, what I mean is that I get the red bar to max and the green bar to at least 80%+, done this from years ago.
have had horses to nearly max fitness, put on red train mode for last 5 days, always worked before, but now it drops to halfway plenty of times and ends up more unfit than before , so have to withdraw horse
the animation that is bad is the crowd ,not the horses racing, still think the commentary could be a lot better, certainly take on board what you say
1 question about home breeding, have 7 mares In breeding barn, had them mate with other outside stallions, but when I put my stallions in barn, it won't let me breed from them, even if I select a suitable mare, don't know why?
many thanks
dave :D :D :D

Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:58 pm
Handicapper

dave booker wrote:
Hi
Of course I know how to train the horses up, what I mean is that I get the red bar to max and the green bar to at least 80%+, done this from years ago.
have had horses to nearly max fitness, put on red train mode for last 5 days, always worked before, but now it drops to halfway plenty of times and ends up more unfit than before , so have to withdraw horse
the animation that is bad is the crowd ,not the horses racing, still think the commentary could be a lot better, certainly take on board what you say
1 question about home breeding, have 7 mares In breeding barn, had them mate with other outside stallions, but when I put my stallions in barn, it won't let me breed from them, even if I select a suitable mare, don't know why?
many thanks
dave :D :D :D

Purchase the breeding barn and the stud then try

Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:59 pm
Handicapper

I think I had the same problem Dave. When you're trying to breed your mare and your stallion, you have to select the mare on the mares page and then scroll down the big list of studs until you find yours and select it from the same tab. You can't initiate it from looking at the stallion tab.

Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:26 pm
Handicapper

twilightramblings wrote:
I think I had the same problem Dave. When you're trying to breed your mare and your stallion, you have to select the mare on the mares page and then scroll down the big list of studs until you find yours and select it from the same tab. You can't initiate it from looking at the stallion tab.

Also set your Stallion's stud fees to either 999999 or 0, makes it easy to search by fee and get them at the top of the list.

Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:06 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

dave booker wrote:
Hi
Been playing SO since its conception, and have liked the game very much and appreciated the advance that has been made within the game, But SO7 in some respects has taken a backwards move:-the animation is awful, the commentary is not good(nothing to do with accent),no emotion.
I play in real training mode, any other(always ready to race) is not realistic, trainers able to place bets is not realistic either, not for the serious player, some racecourses bear no resemblance to actual courses(have been to many)

training I find very frustrating, having got a horse to almost peak fitness for a race, many times when I put onto optimum training for last 4/5 days, it actually drops back to half fitness, Why?. costs of 2 year olds is way too high for the amount of money you start with, finding it difficult to make any progress without actually cheating(don't want to do that)
Anybody with any helpful tips will be greatly appreciated
Dave :( :( :( :(

THE COMMENTARY IS BRILLIANT
YOU PLAYING THE SAME GAME ?

Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:15 pm
Selling plater

Thanks for info on breeding, didn't realise that my stallions were in the other list of stallions, instructions seemed to indicate that you could pick stallion from your barn, thanks for that.
The commentary itself is okay but there is no change of tone in the voice, it just drolls on without any emotions at the end of the races, no excitement.
By the way, when training using the blue, orange and red buttons, you also need to gallop some of the horses between races to get them fit for the next race, am doing a lot better after working out the right amount of galloping combined with the buttons.
Dave :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:35 pm
Group 3 winner

delmonty1964 wrote:
THE COMMENTARY IS BRILLIANT
YOU PLAYING THE SAME GAME ?

IMO its woeful. *cough*
There is zero emotion. *sniff*
Accent is difficult to understand. *sniff cough*
I've turned it off and will never turn it back on...

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]