View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 game saves question 
Selling plater

Post game saves question
ok very much a newbie to the game, i was wondering if it was possible to make 2 save games of the same file?. if yes how is it done please.. i started a new game using slot 8 and saved it and when i went into the save game folder even though there is supposed to be 2 slots saved in the game i can only see about 5 files and all numbered 1?. any idea how i can do this.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:08 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: game saves question
There are 6 files that make up a savegame, and I'm assuming that you aren't interested in duplicating the replay files (you shouldn't be... they take up a huge amount of space).

All of the savegame files exist in (on a PC) Documents > Starters Orders 7 > saves. Assuming the savegame of interest is in slot 1, those files are: 1.sav, 1.sax, 1.btag, ext1.sav, ln1.idx, and o1.idx. To duplicate a savegame you would make copies of these files and make sure they have the exact same names *except* changing the number to the new slot you want the game in.

Be forewarned, however, this this will have consequences (other players feel free to add on to this if there's any I'm not thinking of):

* You will not be able to use the Game Pool to transfer horses from one of the savegame copies to the other. The game considers the horses from both games as coming from the same game, considers this cheating, and the game will stop you from importing from the Game Pool.

If you're just starting out and this is the first time you're playing Starters Orders then this restriction won't mean much to you until you're more experienced and have built up a good stable of horses.

FYI: copying these 6 files and backing them up somewhere is a good idea, usually at the end of a season, just in case your game gets hosed for some reason.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]