View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 One or two of my current stable 
Group 3 winner

Post One or two of my current stable
People have been posting their horses, mainly their good ones, so, below are two of my current best in a stable of 176 with standard flat schedule and full training. They have both won group races.
Both of these were purchased at the end of day auction, shall upload a few of my favourite types, claimer and seller winners that can win multiple handicaps.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:12 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: One or two of my current stable
As promised, a few I have picked up from claimers and sellers and then won multiple handicaps, I'll show about 5, I currently have about 20 or so whom I'm trying to win as many handicaps as possible, and maybe squeak a listed or group 3 from one or two of the better ones.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:29 pm
Group 3 winner

U have 170 horses in u stable :shock: It blows my brain when I have 40 or 50. How many horses in u breeding barn.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:42 pm
Handicapper

Totally agree Ghosty. I have 50 horses in my racing stable, 40 breeding mares and 12 stallions and I'm taking a lot of notes just to remember stuff. I haven't even bothered learning the 2yos name's until they win their maiden because they're so similar. I even trimmed down the number of breeding mares I have because I'm getting good yearlings now and want to keep the good ones but end up with like 30 new 2yos. I'm not on simple training mode either, so it's taking hours just to get through a month in-game.

But I'm starting a new schedule once I finish making it, so I'm busy deciding who to keep and which ones to bring in each season, because there's a 16 horse limit. Need some money makers in my main stable to get the breeding barn and some reliable breeding pairs to get money next season.

These horses are great Neves. Goldeva looks fantastic. It's really interesting for me as a new player to see that their potential bars aren't maxed out and maybe they're not great on some other stats. I had similar success with an auction horse - I bought a 2yo who was selling for $800000, then he went on to win the Australian Magic Millions, which is like $1million in prize money. Not a bad investment return :lol: I put him in the breeding barn during his 3yo season because he wasn't doing too well in the second half of the year and his yearlings are looking promising too.

I also had my first homebreds win big races this season in-game, and both of them almost went to auction last season, so I'm glad I've been reading tips about how to pick up good claimers and saw the info about horses getting better in their 4yo season.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:23 am
Group 3 winner

ghosty wrote:
U have 170 horses in u stable :shock: It blows my brain when I have 40 or 50. How many horses in u breeding barn.

Currently about 28 breeding. It is a long drawn out affair when I book entries, I then tend to look for a horse's next race the day after it has run as I have to go through to amend training regimes for my stable. It takes a while so I tend to get through seasons slowly, but I like the game this way. I'd hate to have fine tuned the game so that I was breeding beasts all the time and I knew my horse had won before it even raced. This way it feels an achievement to win a Group 1 and I have to plot the careers of horses to try and get the maximum wins out of them. I am greatly helped by the game running semi decent horses with low handicap ratings in claimers and sellers, which they of course win meaning I can pick them up cheap. I also won £350 million on reversed forecasts, without any cheating, early on in the game so money is no object.

I try to cull the stable every once in a while, but, I hate saying goodbye to even the worst ones, so I invariably keep them and try and bag a lowly handicap, but some do go in sellers and claimers, or, retired from game as I don't like to see AI trainers suddenly winning multiple races with them, which they strangely seem capable of doing.

I just need Mark to carry out the improvements to the schedule as promised as it's very difficult to find enough maiden races and low end handicaps once your stable has grown. Once the schedule has been updated I will start a new game, also something I dislike as I hate to leave a save.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:32 am
Handicapper

I actually have the opposite problem with the Australian schedule, which is interesting. Yesterday I was playing and there were 54 maiden or novice races at the same distance for 2yos and only 1 handicap in the whole 40 days at 1m2f for a horse in the 80s.

I'm making the custom schedule because I'm starting to get to the point where my stock is C2 good but not Group good yet and the Australian schedule doesn't have any of the approx 300 listed races that happen in our real life schedule, so I want something to put them in. If I don't go completely insane trying to get just the feature races working, I'm going to go through and fill out those days that the feature races are on with custom handicaps.

I'm currently using the red condition bar as a marker for when my horses can race again, so they're going on average 28 days recovery, then book next race, usually about three weeks away, one week on orange and then two weeks on red. I find working with each of their recovery races breaks up the dates of entry, so even if I have like 30 2yos doing their maiden over a few days, by the time it's six months in they're separated out to be less monotonous and in between them I have Group races or handicaps with my older horses.

I do think that for large stables like yours, maybe a few extra sorting modes would be good? Like at the moment we can filter by age or distance but I find myself wanting to filter by "has raced booked" or wanting to sort by "last race date". Or Avg winning distance instead of breeding.

I hate saying goodbye to them too. If I didn't have problems even finding handicaps for them, I'd keep all of my favourites. I have about $60mil at the moment so I don't care about the wins, it's just nice to break up the maidens and the higher races. I did find an awesome claimer recently actually - she had won like 5 claiming races in a row, so I bought her and put her in a low handicap and she cruised across the finish line. She has good stats too, so she might be breeding barn potential.

I just worked out it'll cost $640000 to bring in 16 horses a year (it costs $40000 I think). Hopefully not too hard a sum to raise in the first year of a new save. I know people don't like the idea of exporting horses with the TTF files now but maybe something where you could export the whole stable at once, the horses lose their history like they do now, but you can choose a new schedule or training mode. And then you had to import the whole stable at once, so it wouldn't work for people to just import one horse at a time.

As payment for the wall of text, here's my homebred Melbourne Cup winner:

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:16 am
Handicapper

twilightramblings wrote:

I know people don't like the idea of exporting horses with the TTF files now but maybe something where you could export the whole stable at once, the horses lose their history like they do now, but you can choose a new schedule or training mode. And then you had to import the whole stable at once, so it wouldn't work for people to just import one horse at a time.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I am running about 10 games simultaneously and after a while get a bit fed up with the schedule I'm using or want to slow it down a bit and use manual training. I run UK games and in a few have gone with the default schedule, am about 20 seasons in and am missing some of my favourite races (Kentucky Derby for instance). It's hard choosing just the 16 horses to transfer to start again for the sake of certain races from around 50-100+ (depending on how many you have in game), so would be great to have an import/export stable option between games.

Personally I don't mind the TTF files. I know some people don't like them from a league perspective, however it's at least a level playing field.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:47 am
Group 3 winner

neves_rats wrote:
ghosty wrote:

Currently about 28 breeding. It is a long drawn out affair when I book entries, I then tend to look for a horse's next race the day after it has run as I have to go through to amend training regimes for my stable. It takes a while so I tend to get through seasons slowly, but I like the game this way. I'd hate to have fine tuned the game so that I was breeding beasts all the time and I knew my horse had won before it even raced. This way it feels an achievement to win a Group 1 and I have to plot the careers of horses to try and get the maximum wins out of them. I am greatly helped by the game running semi decent horses with low handicap ratings in claimers and sellers, which they of course win meaning I can pick them up cheap. I also won £350 million on reversed forecasts, without any cheating, early on in the game so money is no object.

I try to cull the stable every once in a while, but, I hate saying goodbye to even the worst ones, so I invariably keep them and try and bag a lowly handicap, but some do go in sellers and claimers, or, retired from game as I don't like to see AI trainers suddenly winning multiple races with them, which they strangely seem capable of doing.

I just need Mark to carry out the improvements to the schedule as promised as it's very difficult to find enough maiden races and low end handicaps once your stable has grown. Once the schedule has been updated I will start a new game, also something I dislike as I hate to leave a save.

Why not use one of the boys schedules, if I know grays schedule it was be exactly like real life's one or write out the races u want more, it's easy to do.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:39 am
Group 3 winner

I'm currently using the red condition bar as a marker for when my horses can race again, so they're going on average 28 days recovery,

With regards to this ghosty, I use the green condition bar as a marker. The red one drops as the season goes on, at different rates for different horses, some horses will stand more racing. When it gets too low I totally rest a horse until it has improved again. The green bar will invariably go back to green within a few days, so as long as fitness is then full, or there-abouts, then the horse is OK to run again. Waiting for the red bar to always fill back up unnecessarily restricts a horse. some horses are fine running every 7-10 days, some need longer, but never a month. Good horses are only run by me when there is a suitable race, but sometimes these may only be 10 days apart, so long as green bar is full, and fitness too, then the horse can run.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]