View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Horse race Manager 
Handicapper

Post Horse race Manager
Would be great if there was a setting with in the game for a Racing Manager (AI) to schedule all horse into races according to their ability by an AI manager or head lad , so Breeding could be concentrated on fully.

Wonder would this be implemented in future versions??

Here’s hoping...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:56 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Horse race Manager
Bermenstein wrote:
Would be great if there was a setting with in the game for a Racing Manager (AI) to schedule all horse into races according to their ability by an AI manager or head lad , so Breeding could be concentrated on fully.

Here’s hoping...

I don't imagine this ever being implemented if I am honest. You might as well have the computer breed all your horses as well automatically alongside entering all your horses for races :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:12 am
Handicapper

bazdev wrote:
Bermenstein wrote:

Here’s hoping...

I don't imagine this ever being implemented if I am honest. You might as well have the computer breed all your horses as well automatically alongside entering all your horses for races :lol: :lol:

Holiday mode.. Advance 1000 years :lol: :shock: :roll:

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:02 am
Selling plater

Personally I think this is an excellent idea.

You should be able to employ an assistant trainer in the same way as you employ jockeys.

Using some simple criteria you could choose an entry strategy including trip, preferred break between races, flexibility for AI to make calls on deviating from your rules.

I don't see why people are denigrating this as a feature. You can ride your own horses and in my case always get more out of them than the AI jockeys. Why not allow entries the same kind of assistance.

I have 130 new yearlings every season and frequently 250 horses in training. Entries, particularly for dozens of young horses with similar profiles, are extremely tiresome at times.

Of course, it is my choice to have such a large operation but what we all want from this game is some semblance of realism. I can assure you that in real-life top trainers are not responsible for entering (or breeding for that matter but that's another story) all of their horses.

Having a stud manager feature is another point altogether. Given the relative randomness of stud pairing outcomes, why should this feature not also exist?

SO encapsulates the world of an amazing sport and the ability to enjoy multiple aspects of it, but I think it's important to remember not everyone wants the same thing out of it and the ability to delegate whatever aspects you don't enjoy would improve the experience for many.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]