View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Apple Mac owners - Catalina update. 
Site Admin

Post Apple Mac owners - Catalina update.
Regretfully Apple have chosen to end 32bit application support with the recent Catalina update. If you update you will no longer be able to play any of our old releases on the Mac.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/1 ... llections/

This means that Starters Orders and Greyhound Manager will no longer run on the Mac. Apple have also made other changes that break the rendering engine we use therefore I do not have the option of fixing this. Thankfully this restriction does not apply to Windows OS which will continue to run the majority of the back catalogue.

The PC version of Starters Orders may work on a Mac running under Windows.

There will be no more development for the Apple Mac.

NOTE: It may be possible to roll back Catalina to enable 32 bit games to work again but I can't confirm this. https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-s ... s-3581872/

Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:32 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Apple Mac owners - Catalina update.
@mark
I have encountered this, but reverted back to previous OS. Do you have the file route SO saves into please?

Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:33 pm
Selling plater

So this references old versions; will SO7 work on an apple macbook? Thinking of switching from a windows laptop to a Mac so good to know if I will still be able to play SO7.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:35 pm
Selling plater

Mark wrote:
Regretfully Apple have chosen to end 32bit application support with the recent Catalina update. If you update you will no longer be able to play any of our old releases on the Mac.

http://forums.bluebelton.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22371&p=460411

This means that Starters Orders and Greyhound Manager will no longer run on the Mac. Apple have also made other changes that break the rendering engine we use therefore I do not have the option of fixing this. Thankfully this restriction does not apply to Windows OS which will continue to run the majority of the back catalogue.

The PC version of Starters Orders may work on a Mac running under Windows.

There will be no more development for the Apple Mac.

NOTE: It may be possible to roll back Catalina to enable 32 bit games to work again but I can't confirm this huile de cade. https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-s ... s-3581872/

Good morning,

have you found a version, I have a mac and I'm looking for a version that works on it

thank you

Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:34 pm
Selling plater

It's a real letdown when these tech changes disrupt our favorite games like Starters Orders and Greyhound Manager. I've been there when updates mess with our tech routines.
Speaking of tech, I recently stumbled upon a site called multitechverse.com. They're all about sharing high-tech tips and tricks. It might come in handy, especially with all these changes in the tech world.
Don't lose hope! Sometimes, there are workarounds or future updates that can make things right. Stay tuned, and who knows, your gaming adventures on Mac might continue soon.

Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]