View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Frustrating horsebox limit 
Selling plater

Post Frustrating horsebox limit
I find that as your stable grows in the game it becomes increasingly difficult to declare your horses owing to the cap placed on vehicles. Surely this should only be dictated by your finances? I can't see Sheik Mohammed telling Charlie Appleby he can only have 3 horseboxes?????

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:36 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Frustrating horsebox limit
Mtoto wrote:
I find that as your stable grows in the game it becomes increasingly difficult to declare your horses owing to the cap placed on vehicles. Surely this should only be dictated by your finances? I can't see Sheik Mohammed telling Charlie Appleby he can only have 3 horseboxes?????

Did you build your farm?
You can buy up 150 stables to place your horses but first you have to build your farm and buy everything on offer tick all of them.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:19 pm
Selling plater

I've bought everything available Tomas but you can only have 3 horse transporters with a maximum 8 in each. I'm playing MJ's 'Start It' mod and when you come to the big meetings like the Arc or the Breeders cup they fill up quick once your stable is up and running and you have a lot of good horses. The horse transporter limit would be fine if the game stopped the day before your over declaration and you could then withdraw horses until you can transport those you want to run, this would be far more realistic. I also think there should be some adjustment to the foreign horse pool. For instance, I play the UK schedule and the field for the G1 Middle Park Stakes at Newmarket has an average rating of about 95 and the G3 Anglesey Stakes at The Curragh in the same month has one of 110. There are very few foreign horses with a rating less than 100 and this just makes the game awkward. If I have a horse that's listed quality in the UK it's pointless sending it over to Ireland as all the listed races have stronger fields than a G2 in the UK. I love the game but even in version 7 there are so many frustrating inconsitencies. I can appreciate that it's a hugely complicated task creating a game with such depth but with a concerted effort we should be able to help Mark polish it up.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:00 am
Group 2 winner

I agree with you Mtoto the game needs work on the showcase & schedules, and there are a few here that created one heck of schedules if you playing the UK game and the Irish and France download Qwsa's schedules you will love it, it's near it's dame it to real life racing in the UK, Ireland, France, Download my schedule if you want to play in Australia, what you can do is make the UK your first priority game, in slot two build a US MJ'S Schedule and when you get yourself a good G1 winning horse or horses, tour the world with your champions your are aloud to transfer up to 6 horses a season race them in that country and transfer them back to the UK, that's what I do, the game works it's self out Mtoto.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:14 am
Selling plater

Yeah thanks Tomas. Just got my own schedule all fixed and now found out that the new two line showcase layout doesn't copy correctly from Excel to notepad. I'll take a look at the schedule you mentioned Tomas, cheers again

Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:14 pm
Selling plater

I agree the horsebox limit is highly frustrating.

I try to keep the number of horses in training to less than 50 and I still have transport issues - god knows what it'd be like if I was having a full stable.

Please increase it. I doubt anybody will care about the horse transporter graphic on the stable screen only showing 3.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:33 pm
Selling plater

Agreed Tomas and in reality trainers often borrow spaces in other trainers horseboxes in the UK. So you could either write in some way of doing that if you wanted to get super-real or just take the limit off and make it easy

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:40 am
Group 2 winner

+1 to this from me. Just add in a cost for hiring transport on the day. At that stage of the game money is absolutely no issue.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:07 am
Group 2 winner

Pommard wrote:
+1 to this from me. Just add in a cost for hiring transport on the day. At that stage of the game money is absolutely no issue.

That is a great Idea Pommard, that shouldn't be that hard to implement and released in a patch, should it mark?

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:41 am
Group 1 winner

This is really annoying especially in the combined game. You can have 520 horses in your stable but only 3 horseboxes, it really needs to be sorted. At present it's terrible, I can never enter certain races because they clash. There needs to be a least 1 truck added for the combined game, preferably more.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:02 am
Group 3 winner

I'm going to +1 this too.

I found it annoying on the default flat schedule with the big Dubia and Turffontain meeting clashing early April and then there's the Lingfield meeting with listed race/s
I can't send horses to because I have no transport left or I have to withdraw to free up the transport.

Best way would be to add a fee for extra transport or remove any transport restrictions somehow.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]