View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 SO7 Easy mode changes. 
Site Admin

Post SO7 Easy mode changes.
SO7 is more challenging that previous versions partly due to the new breeding model and realism improvements. Some people have requested options to make the game easier. With patch 1.019 easy mode has a few changes that should make breeding more predictable. This does not apply to the League mode which remains the same. Any issues or feedback please post.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:50 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: SO7 Easy mode changes.
Hi Mark, So is this the easier option when creating a game. i.e flat easier intead of medium or hard. If so then medium is to start the game with this breeding engine?

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:34 pm
Selling plater

I am glad of this.I am on my second crop of two year olds I have bred myself,far from being classic winners,they would be lucky to win a selling race.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:30 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Mark, So is this the easier option when creating a game. i.e flat easier intead of medium or hard. If so then medium is to start the game with this breeding engine?

Yes when starting a game select EASIER under DIFFICULTY.

Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:07 am
Selling plater

Thanks for reply Mark. would this affect already started games on easier or as i assume only come into affect in newly started games on the new patch.

More than likely wont be using it myself as for me i am loving the new game. It is tougher in a way but if you breed the best with the best then you are likely to come up with the odd horse. I have bred multiple 5 time + group 1 winners and even a champion mare who won 11 group 1s from 4-5. The realism of not knowing really what a horse wants when only using the breeding indicator as a guide and working to find their level and conditions is rewarding when you get it right and they go on a run and sometimes they dont end up doing what they are bred for.

If anyone is looking for tips then for what its worth, my aim at the start of the game is to buy yearlings from the sale bit by bit on what i can afford and then sell them a year later. do this until you can afford every 300 grand plus yearling in the sales thoughout the year. These sell for a mill plus regularly.

Once you have a bank then you can invest in the breeding facilities and go to the mares sale until you get a few good ones, they do come up for sale, i look for 3 group 1s plus and they have to be full age open company wins, no 2yo or 3yo only races count.

then its a matter of finding a stallion who counts for the same rules and breed until you get lucky.

Happy New Year

Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:30 pm
Selling plater

Does the new patch only work if starting a new game?
Will it work on games already started?

Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:43 pm
Selling plater

Anyone know if you have to start a new game for these changes to go into effect???

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]