View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Horse condition bars 
Group 3 winner

Post Horse condition bars
Ideally an explanation from Mark would be good please.

Have played this game for years. There are, as everyone knows two condition bars, one red, one green.

Now, the left hand one (red) I believe indicates how well a horse takes its races, so, for some horses after a run it will not drop much at all. However, for others it drops quite a bit. This I believe determines how many times a horse can run in a season, it will though replenish if you rest a horse. I don't think it affects how well a horse runs until it gets very low.

The right hand bar (green) however, is the effect a race has on a horse's condition after it has had a run, and therefore it is best to allow this bar to fully replenish before you run the horse again, this usually takes between 4 to 10 days.

It is upon these two principles that I have been playing the game. Have I been getting it wrong with regard to the left hand condition bar, does this one also have to be full before a horse runs again, because, if this is the case there is no need for two condition bars, and therefore I believe my theory to be true, but confirmation would be good

Thanks

Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:51 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Horse condition bars
Anybody have any thoughts?

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:06 am
Selling plater

The two CONDITION columns act differently from MANUAL training to AUTO training.

MANUAL training -

- The red column gradually drops during the season, assumng a fairly standard racing schedule for any horse. Toward the end of the season, the red bar can get very low, and acts as the trigger to send the horse to grass to recover (particularly if this red bar is almost on the floor).

- The red column can gradually recover during a season if the horse is idle (not racing) for a decent length of time. Recovery speed depends on the horse's fitness level. If Fitness is BROWN, it will recover quicker (Odd, but just the way it seems to work).

- The green column recovers to 100% fairly quickly after each race. As such, you can run a horse back-to-back within a week as long as it is fit (Green fitness, ready to race etc etc).

- there seems tio be a relationship between the red column and a horse's constitution in the stats bar on the right. Higher constitution, quicker recovery of red column.

AUTO training -

- The red column is fixed at approximately the 90% point.

- The green column recovery is slower than manual training, and is the sole factor deciding if a horse is well eiough to run. Recovery of the green column seems to be connected to the constitution bar on the right. The higher the constitution, the quicker the green bar is back to 100%.

IN SUMMARY -

- A horse with a higher constitution bar can run more frequently due to better recovery speeds of the condition bars.

I stand to be corrected if anybody has a better handle on this.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:44 am
Group 3 winner

Thanks, that's exactly how I thought, I only ever play manual training. Was just checking in case I had been mistaken for years.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]