View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Help Required!! 
Selling plater

Post Help Required!!
Hi All,

I have just brought Starters Orders 7.

And as a big racing fan as I am, I have no idea what I am doing with this game.

I am starting in the trainer/owner mode where I have just three horses.

What should I be doing with the 100k that is in the bank. Do I buy horses straight away or persevere with the 3 I have? Do I build the facilities?

Sometimes my account balance just drops even though I have not done anything.

How frequently should I be racing the horses? What do I need to do to actually win races. Does it matter if I pick a jockey with a cheap riding fee or not? I need to give jockey instructions to give myself a better chance. Do I need to start my horses in maidens or just stick them straight into handicaps they are eligible for?

I did one whole season on the flat and my balance went into minus by the end of it. So I am doing something wrong.

All the help would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I have wasted £25 and not got what I wanted out of the game.

Cheers,

Tommy

Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Help Required!!
1 - First of all Start on Easy mode you get More Horses
2 - Highlight League Mode If you want to Take part in a Online League Playing against other Trainers.
3 - FLAT Legend Frankel JUMP Legend Sprinter Sacre look at where they are declared to run in the Legend's Tab And Put all your Cash on Them To Win on the race day Frankel will keep you going.
4 - Don't Upgrade your stable until you Can afford too
5 - Everyone plays it differently but Frankel is a Beast and you will need to bet on him better if you can get the forecast pays much better once you start Breeding you can start keeping your best Horses (Go by the Stats on the Horses Page) sell the Donkeys and these will also get you lots of Money sometimes if you know your horse is better than the other horses in the race try Jockey Mode and place loads of money on you winning.

Gray

Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:57 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Howdy

Best way to improve is to start wandering through this forum. Most questions you will have have been addressed before.

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18911

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18983

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18821

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18472

To quickly answer some of your specific questions:

Wait until the fitness and conditions bars are back at 100%, i normally race about once a month, maybe a little sooner if there is a feature race.
I do not often give jockey instructions (maybe only "do not lead").
Picking a good jockey will give you better post race feedback, and might help a little in the race. I would not worry until you are established as it all costs money.
As already stated, start in "easy mode", you will get 5 horses. Consider starting a game over and over until you are given some half decent horses. Look for ones that have come from Group One winning parents and unless their stats are amazing sell them before you race them.

Get that breeding barn as soon as you can. Selling your foals is the key to getting established financially IMO.
SO7 is more simulator than arcade game, sure it can be tough for the first couple of seasons, but once you get going its easy(ish) to succeed.

Cheers

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:14 am
Selling plater

Thanks for the tips guys.

Still not sure on a few things like how to sell horses and why without doing anything my balance went from £197,000 to £194,000.

Do you tend to ride in the races or watch the simulator.

Also most of the year so far my horses status have been in the amber and never in green ever since I switched to easy mode.

Why is this?

TIA

Tommy

Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:12 pm
Handicapper

Go into your finance and it will tell you how much your yard is costing each week. Your bank balance will erode even if you don't do anything I'm afraid because you have running costs. I have sent you a pm about finance so check that out.

To sell a horse go to it's profile page and you will see a small blue box. Click it to enter that horse into the next auction. Before clicking you can enter a reserve value.

To get horses to green from amber you need to increase their training load. Set to red and things will change though it could take 10 days or so depending on the fitness of the horse initially.

Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm
Group 3 winner

tommykits14 wrote:
Thanks for the tips guys.

Still not sure on a few things like how to sell horses and why without doing anything my balance went from £197,000 to £194,000.

Do you tend to ride in the races or watch the simulator.

Also most of the year so far my horses status have been in the amber and never in green ever since I switched to easy mode.

Why is this?

TIA

Tommy

It appears you are making life hard for yourself.
Do this: Start a new game in "EASY" mode.
On the next screen make sure the "Simple Training Mode" is active. This means you dont have to worry about manually keeping the horses fitness in the green.

Selling a horse (send to auction) is the little icon with the "A" on the horse details page. Its located just under the "retire from game" option. Click the "A" icon.
Do not ride your horse in races until you have worked out the basics of the game.

I strongly suggest you find the "so7instructions.pdf" file in the main game directory. It will help you alot
Just jumping in and expecting to succeed in this game is like trying to play a flight simulator without learning the controls.
Its not that hard but you need to do a little reading of that PDF.

Cheers

Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:45 am
Handicapper

My mistake, it is of course the icon with an A in it for auctions. The blue box will give you more detailed stats on the horse.

If you are overwhelmed auto training will make it easier, and take away a huge learning curve. But you will also lose one of the main challenges of the game. Sometimes it is better to just throw yourself in at the deep end and learn from your mistakes. Perhaps your decision will depend on how many hours your have available to play SO7.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]