View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Is This Normal For A Jumps Only Game 
Selling plater

Post Is This Normal For A Jumps Only Game
Started a new Jumps only game. I am getting better at starting new games and using breeding barn stallions to improve my lines. The current game is only 17 seasons long and my first decent horses are now maturing but there doesn't seem to be much time with them at their peak.

The image below is not very good, tried to squeeze too much onto one page.

Is it normal for a horses potential to stay the same from 3yo to 6yo even although they were raced a few times each season, then go up after a few races at 7yo, then peak after 3 races at 8yo and then decline as a 9yo.

If you are only breeding for the league this doesn't matter but I like to race my horses at all ages and see them do well. As 3yo and 4yo they were almost unbeatable but usually don't win another race until they peak at 8yo.

Something else someone can help me with. As 3yo my horses run in NHF races, then as 4yo in Juvenile Hurdles races. At 5yo they were run in Novice Hurdles races. At 6yo I was expecting to run them in Novice chases but they did not seem to be eligible for novice chases, only handicaps or Group races. Any idea why they were not eligible for novice chases at 6yo. They were eligible for novice chases at 5yo. I checked the race cards for the novice chases and there was plenty older gamebreds in them.

So far I have started 2 x flat saves and 1 x combined save and the 3 have either crashed or weird things are happening in them after about 20 seasons, just as I was starting to breed good horses. I have emailed a copy of the combined game to tech support so they may come up with a fix and make that game playable.

Although this game has not crashed, the progression of horses as they age seems wonky.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]