View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 High Attributes High Potential Horses Unable To Win 
Selling plater

Post High Attributes High Potential Horses Unable To Win
Im Currently Doing A Save On UK Flat And I Am Getting Good Attributes High Potential (Like Nearly Max) Horses And When I Put Them On The Ideal Distance Without Fail They Will Barely Scrape Midfield In Class 3 Or 4 Handicaps Leaving Me The Wonder What The Point Of Potential And Attributes Are If How Good Your Horse Does Depends On Whenever The Game Feels Like It FYI My Jockey Is Max On Skill And Honesty So Its Not The Jockeys Fault Either Honestly Im Done Cause On Paper It Should Work But It Dosent Meanwhile I Had A Horse With Just Over Half Bar Potential Winning G2 Races Just Remove Potential And Attributes Because They Clearly Mean NOTHING As To Whether Your Horse Is Good Or Not

Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: High Attributes High Potential Horses Unable To Win
Are you also DaleN? He capitalizes every word too which seems like a lot of work.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:42 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: High Attributes High Potential Horses Unable To Win
I used to capitalize each word when younger as I felt it looked cleaner, took a while to break that habit and I'm glad as I now find it difficult to read too.

Potential and attributes are a big part of whether a horse performs or not, but they work in conjunction with one another, the track conditions, and some random factors so that each horse doesn't just always win or always lose. I've had great horses that blow a 4l lead inside the final 0.2 furlongs, and average ones win a big feature race G1, but consistently winning big races (or at least being in the hunt) only happens to those with good speed, potential, and either cruising burst or finish application (usually both).

I also find that my best horses can win high graded races quite often, but put them into a Group 3 or handicap race and they really struggle. Not sure if that's totally realistic but they only seem to race well once they are at the right level. With my latest crop of horses (bred and transferred through multiple saves at this stage) I recently have come off back to back seasons where my barn of 5-10 3yo/4yo horses have over 30 group 1 wins between them and earned nearly $100m over the two years. Each has a minimum of 70% Potential and other good stats, but I've also retired around 10 horses with equally good stats that had quirks or issues that I didn't want to spend time on to try and figure out how to make them win.

Sometimes you just got to focus on the good ones and wait until they win. If you post some screenshots of their attributes I can maybe take a look and see if I can see a reason why they maybe are not racing as well as you expect them.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]