View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Breeding your stallion with in-game mares 
Selling plater

Post Breeding your stallion with in-game mares
I have trawled about the site for 45 minutes and can't find the answer I am looking for.

Can you not breed your stallion with an in-game mare?

I can see a red selection button appears by the in-game stallions but nothing next to the in-game mares?

I am more than positive you could breed either way in the older games but I admit it has been a while since SO4 lol

Cheers for the potential yes or no answers :)

Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:49 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Breeding your stallion with in-game mares
No, not in this iteration, you don't have the ability to purchase a season from a mare. You may eventually get AI booking to your stud, but then that is like a real life booking. They pay you the stud fee and they get the foal.

This makes building a good broodmare band more important in 7, which slow the pace of breeding down a bit.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:57 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Breeding your stallion with in-game mares
Thank you for the very swift reply, well that has put the kibosh on my hopes of getting some above average handicappers, while the game ticks onwards until you get a good Group horse in your grasp.

Shame all my mares are poor lol

I take it this incarnation is a real slow start before you get anything decent coming through?

I know in the old versions you occasionally got a good horse coming up for sale but after two seasons of clicking and skipping every day there has only been the claimers and sellers up for sale.

Ah well I am only brushing up my skills until Panther launches his schedule and then it will be all systems go again.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]