View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 side view with being the jockey 
Selling plater

Post side view with being the jockey
I can't seem to switch to a side view while riding as the jockey my horses. I like the way it was done in SO5, I could see the field much better with the side view. Is there any way to change the viewpoint from the first-person to side view while riding?

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:03 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: side view with being the jockey
No luck so far with being able to ride from a side view.

In fact I decided to purchase the Classic game so I could ride from the side, and now can't find a way to control the jockey at all! Any ideas?

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:04 pm
Handicapper

Watching the race from the viewpoint of the jockey, and controlling the ride as the jockey are two different things.I don't know which is going on, or one or both are disallowed in classic.

BUT, in SO7 I don't think you can watch from the side at the same time you are watching from jockey's view point. I guess that is really watching from the side but tightly zoomed in on one horse. Clicking the horse selects one in side view and I can use the mouse wheel to zoom in.

If you are viewing the race from the jockey's viewpoint or controlling the ride as the jockey you can look around to the left/right by using Z/X on the keyboard.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:50 pm
Selling plater

Ah, I was just wondering if you could jockey from the side view like you did in SO5. I found the view easier to work with, more situational awareness, etc.

I haven't figured out how to jockey at all in the new SO Classic game, which I got so I COULD jockey from the side view like SO5.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:02 am
Handicapper

Yeah, I don't have the Classic version, so no clue on that sorry.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:33 am
Selling plater

You cannot do jockey controls in SO Classic

Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:00 am
Selling plater

Wow, the exact opposite of what I was going for. An expensive lesson for me to ask questions first. Maybe the jockey control mention in the Classic edition manual should be removed, as I bought based on that. Me sad. Ah well, I've been playing different iterations of Starters Orders for years, and I like to support the project.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]