View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Manual Training, struggles, and SO6 comparison 
Selling plater

Post Manual Training, struggles, and SO6 comparison
Does using manual training give you an advantage over letting the game do it? It really is a hassle, but I like the idea of focusing their training to compensate in weak areas. On auto-train my horses DO seem to improve stats, but it seems random.

Struggling mightily here with a ten-year in game. The stats, even potential, seem to still result rather crazily, and I have winners suddenly tank horrifically after being competitive previously. I'm racing at least 3 weeks between races unless something big like Derby-Preakness is happening (US schedule), breeding with only high potential horses with ratings of 105-plus, and I just can't seem to get consistent Grade 1 or 2 competitors. And winners often seem to bottom out and crash and burn mysteriously, almost every season. What am I doing wrong?

As I'm a casual player I've considered a SO6 game as I understand it is more forgiving- but I so much prefer the better SO7 interface. Thoughts?

Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:58 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Manual Training, struggles, and SO6 comparison
Is manual training better than auto-training?

Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:10 pm
Handicapper

That is a good question. I've never tried it, but it certainly sounds more casual friendly.

Some other (better) players have reported it is a go-to choice when you have horses with a low "training" bar, in SO6.

Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:24 am
Selling plater

Maybe it's my imagination, but I started a UK combined game on manual training, and I could swear my horses are showing speed and accel bar improvement in just about 5 weeks with training them for raw speed. I should have screen-shotted them before and after to see if it's just me or not.

Anyone else witness this kind of thing?

Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]