View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Easy Level Isn't 
Selling plater

Post Easy Level Isn't
The past couple of days I'd decided to try once more after complaining that the easy level wasn't. The only difference I can see is the starting money.

I'm disappointed the game hasn't changed at all.

So I'm now uninstalling.

Oh and the commentator calls the Irish St Ledger "the Irish Street Ledger". :)

Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:37 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Easy Level Isn't
How easy do you want it? There are ways to easy money to make the game easier, the more money you have the easier it is to build up. But the game isn't designed to be overly easy, it is supposed to be a bit of a challenge.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:45 pm
Handicapper

Sad thing is everyone expects every horse to be a G1 winner, where as the challenge of breeding one, pushes me to get to that point. People use its too hard as an excuse and think easy results should just happen. If i were Mark, id just make 1 difficulty level because as you said Neves its easy to make money if you know how to do it, regardless of what difficulty mode you choose.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:05 pm
Handicapper

More money, more horses, easier betting, easier breeding. Easy mode is significantly easier than Normal - more so of a difference than between Normal and Hard.

Sell starting horses, buy yearlings, sell 2yos for profit, buy breeding barn, sell 2yos for profit, keep grinding until you get some good potential horses in the breeding program and then just invest the time until you start winning big races. It's really not that difficult a game if you recognize the first 3-5 years could be just building for the future and not really about winning races. You should also check the Breeding and Friday auctions just to see if any G1 winners are in there once you have some cash as they will usually help boost your stock a little.

I also now have the best yearlings from my previous saves on a transfer list so I can use them to seed any new game and get a significant boost at the start. All in all I'd say that the only thing that made Easy mode SO7 challenging at all was removed when the old SO6 breeding was reintroduced.

I just won my first US Triple Crown in absolutely AGES however, so the grind is still there in certain places if you set your own goals. :D

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I've moved from easy to normal level. I just prefer the challenge at the start with less horses and the breeding is less predictable. I don't bet but do use yearlings and 2 YOs to get my money up.

In fact, I would like the yearlings auctions to be more of a challenge. Always win at the auctions, and know roughly in advance how much to pay, and how much they will sell for. This part of the game is far too easy.

The racing itself is brilliant, especially when a horse that is a poor 2 or 3 year old then comes good as a 4+ year old.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:37 pm
Selling plater

Getting money in the game is a piece of cake, however, every single horse (even when a G1 winner is bought) is absolutely pants.

Aren't you supposed to perform reasonably well on easy level when you've put almost everything you can on automatic?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:52 pm
Selling plater

If I'm correct difficulty only effects the starting money and the amount of horses you get at the start of the gamr

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:19 pm
Group 3 winner

It's a business and of course it's all about money. So easy mode gives you more money and more collateral.

Play by selling your horses at the start unless you have any good ones (high potential and hopefully more). Buy a breeding barn and buy cheap mares with nice stats if you can then breed and sell. The early stages are key to success, it's likely you will go into the red but if lucky will pull out of it after selling homebreds. Once you pull out of the red it's an exponential uphill curve as far as the finances go just keep breeding more and increasing stable size.

As for the commentary, yeah not for me.

Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]