View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Hi, new here and my impressions about the game. 
Selling plater

Post Hi, new here and my impressions about the game.
Hi to all, first of all, let you know i'm not english so probably I written this text really bad.
Well, I'm a really pasionate of horse racing, also I am a professional gambler and tipster of horse racing so I have some experience on them.

I want to start saying what i really dislike in the game:
- The game looks very complete, but first of all I really think is... What is this interface? Honestly, I do not know what it tries to reflect but looks completely outdated in a manager game.
- The second thing is the tedious way of doing several simple things just travelling through sections and sections.
- Apart of that, one thing I really missed is... Why in the racecourse I can't scratch my horse? There are several reasons to do that, for example, a stressed or nervous horse where will not settle on the race is better scratch it more than racing for placing at last positions.
- Comments, please... The mechanism to do it you got it, just hire someone to put more efforts on the comments and feel like a real horse racing, not like a gambler seeing it from his house. Same with tutorials.
- Gallop trial is just... Tedious. A grouped selection of horses should be possible to manage better what kind of horses you need on the gallop at the same time.
- Head lab is sometimes useless.. Don't provide any information relevant, I know when the horse is short of work, tired, etc, why you say that? Just give me important information. Is the horse a leader? Need pacifiers? Needs gelding? Is able for hurdles? And of course, is the distant adecuate for him? Just that information! I do not need him to repeat me on each trial "the horse is lack on form"... And that, when he says it, because sometimes the feedback is just, null.

In a more subjective way I really missed a mixed game mode between first and second. Having AI Owners who send their horses to your stable, but also being able to buy horses for yourself, etc. Also I know the most played is the first one, but the most realist is the second one, so, why not mix them?

On the possitive part, I like how the game is managed in a overall way, it is very deep in the horse managing but not soo complex to get lost on it. I have this game since two days ago and spent almost 20 hours on it.

On the last part, I will show my documentation regarding horse racing, also it is not an absolute thing, it is really orientative. As I seen a lot of people talking about it but without a specific answer. I'm playing with manual training, and this is my training system:

If the horse have firm ground, I usually try to work with him from June to September.
In the case of good ground, from May to October
In the case of soft ground, from September to February.

This is more relative depending the constitution of the horse:
If the horse have a good constitution (+70%), race him every 15 days.
If the horse have a normal constitution, race him every 30 days.
If the horse have a bad constitution, race him every 40 days.

Now, get in mind when I talk in METERS, 1 furlong = 200 meters.
Usually the season I close it in October, when the horses are tired and need to rest. Then I place the training to blue and focus on a special ability, it depends my intention with the horse, but I mainly focus on speed during season, and stamina on break. Why? Speed increases the chance of winning as it goes faster in a race with a distance where the horse suits perfectly. Stamina training is for increasing the rance of distance, something you do not need on a 2yo horse as they run only in 1000 and 1200m. Also it helps you to engage the next season in a higher distances training it during the break.

A 2 yo do a intensive racing courses, every 2-3 weeks depending constitution. Usually, between 3 and 5 races between June and October.

So, how I manage the horse from 2yo to end?
2 Years > Novices or Maiden races (Class 4) > 3 yo
3 Years > If the horse was in good form, go to Class 3 or 2, depending your Rating. If the horse is not good enough, place him under Class 4 races.
Here you also have to choose to focus on flat or national hunt. In the case of national hunt, they will begin his career on National Hunt Flat Races. Then move to chase and then to hurdles.
4 Years > The horse should have improved a lot, able to race in Class 1. This is the real start of his "good progress". From 4 years to 6 years.
6 Years > Time to keep working with it in a top level, or send him to barn.

Then, after that, I place the horse on breeding barn.

An important thing about manual training is that to take effect on them, you need the facilities before! That means, the horse will not increase speed without proper facilities.
As I seen:
Training stalls increases the start.
Swimming pool increases stamina.

For training speed, not sure what exactly affects, but for sure it needs something, as I tested, in a full season the speed and stamina do not changed without facilities.

Honestly, I do not tried the "Out of Grass" option, as I do not know if they are still doing training or is just a "retirement". Not sure about that and not well explained, as I manage the training manually, I prefer to have them if they are able to race.

Regarding pacifiers and other stuff... When you should use them?
Each pacifier have a different function, and not all do the same (or they shouldn't at least). This is when I use them as my impression. Not sure if the game is programmed for that (remember, 2 days since I have the game).
Noseband: I use them when I see in a race my horse do not move down the head and keeps it up not moving it down. In Flat races are not very common, they are more common in National Hunt races to help them see the fences coming. This also help focus on the race, but not the main purpose for itself, is more linked to the horse head movement. (Not sure how realist it is in 3D but I only put them if I see that and my head lad says the need of pacifiers).
Visors: Used when a horse is panicking or in tension (horse not settle). They help to relax the horse. I use them if the horse is soo much nervious (red arrow on races), if it don't, then gelding is the last option.
Blinkers: Used when a horse have concentration problems, this means, it prevent horses to look around and see only forward, so it helps horse to focus on the race and not in what have on the arounds.

Information regarding jockeys feedback. I seen a lot of people talking about so I will try to explain what I understand regarding that:
The horse don't settle. He is nervous, stressed or uncomfortable on the race.
The horse is outclassed. He is out of the race. The other horses are better than him and no chance of doing anything.

If there is any question regarding horses, may I can help.

Regards!

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:19 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Hi, new here and my impressions about the game.
I am also quite new to the game but came from a similar background. Bought in April and have over 150 hours play.
Though rather than a professional gambler I am a trader of horse races and usually trade pre-race. seeing the horses in the paddock or at the stalls gives me plenty of trading opportunities. I alway check the paddock before a race to get an idea how the horses will race.

I bought the game to learn more about the different classes and the types of races through the season to help in my real life trading.

I agree the interface is dated, but pleasantly surprised by the race mechanics and seeing how the horses run in the race.

I do think if the head lad gives too much away then the game will be too easy and would just be a painting by numbers exercise. though, the dialogue should be more varied than the horse is a little jaded or raring to go.
I always check the head lad comments on race day, but that is just in case the horse is injured or not race fit.

I do like how the jockeys can be trusted or not to a certain extent, but like everything in the game, this can be improved.

For a game built by Mike, it is amazing and I usually play when I am in real life trading mode but need a mini break from the real life races.

Others will give you deeper insights on the game, but thought I would give my side coming from a similar background.

Enjoy
Credo

Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]