View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Am I barmy, or are there multiple errors here? 
Selling plater

Post Am I barmy, or are there multiple errors here?
I am just playing the betting side of the game right now...please see the image below, and help me decode it.

I feel like I lost the first bet, but won the last 2 of these bets. Wagon Master won the race, but I didn't bet that, so I lose the $5K on bet 1. But High Glider and Wagon Master hit the Exacta box, and Barwick finished 3rd to show.

Am I missing something about what these bets actually are? Or is this a problem with the game? I am perhaps a bit distant from horse racing, and I am a North American player, attempting to learn the correct terminology (since the terms Win, Place, Show don't seem to appear in SO Classic).

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:35 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Am I barmy, or are there multiple errors here?
Were they a dead heat?

And only 6 ran.

So, if a dead heat, and only 6 to run that makes sense. With 6 runners "show" only goes down to 2nd place, so that UK rule nullifies your bet on Barwick.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:30 am
Handicapper

If its a dead heat though, the exacta should pay half the amount. Both combinations should be taken into account still.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:53 am
Group 3 winner

MaLuckyDay wrote:
If its a dead heat though, the exacta should pay half the amount. Both combinations should be taken into account still.

Is an exacta for them to finish first and second in any order, or in the correct order. The game may treat it as a straight forecast, which makes it a losing bet as they didn't finish in the order they were put on the betting slip.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:05 am
Handicapper

yeah an exacta is exact order placed on slip but the fact its a dead heat means you get half of the combination because they have both finished first. I think in the case of this game, there is no code written to have both horses listed as first on the result page.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:04 am
Selling plater

Yup, the exacta in the game is 1st and 2nd in that order. If you want to cover both places, you have to do 2 different bets.
Regarding the E/W, there are only 6 horses in the race, so only covers 1st and 2nd position.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:06 pm
Group 3 winner

Win - If it was a dead heat the return is still wrong. Unless the rules have changed it's half the stake at half the odds so a return of $6250

Exacta - shows up as a RF so should pay regardless. Even if it's a SF and it's a dead heat it should pay. If it's not a dead heat and it's counted as a SF then it's correct.

Show - As already said only 2 places in a 6 runner race under UK rules and this is not the case in the US, seems the show bet is actually a place bet in the game.

Conclusion - No your not barmy, might be best to post this in the tech forum with a little more info.

Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:50 am
Selling plater

Thank you, everyone!

I looked up the result, and it was a dead heat for first and second place.

I appreciate all the info...I learned a few things AND it is great to know that I am not crazy.

I will post this again in the Tech Support forum.

S1

Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]