View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 SO7 Easy mode. 
Site Admin

Post SO7 Easy mode.
With the recent patch some changes have been made to ease difficuly (easy mode, non league only). As time goes on feedback will be required to get this right. More information:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19651

Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:12 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: SO7 Easy mode.
Does this mean the patch will make the current game easier like the easy level on SO6?Or will it only work if a new game is started on SO7?I don't particularly want to start a new game again unless it is necessary.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:57 am
Site Admin

As mentioned in the post linked to this will affect current saves but only from the point of birth for new yearlings onwards.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:26 am
Selling plater

Thank you for your reply Mark.I only noticed the link after I had posted my question to you.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:50 pm
Selling plater

First time back on the game in quite a while and saw easy mode was made easier.

It's not. For me it is way too random. The numberof 66/1 and 100/1 winners wouldbe a bookies nightmare and they'd go bankrupt quickly.

Horses bred are showing as having more potential (which is excellent), but performances are ludicrous. Here are 2 things that regularly happen in the game.

1 - Your horse is the highest rated by 10+ in a race and finishes 8th out of 9. The confusion is made even worse with the jockey (max skill, honesty), turning round and saying ridden however, suited, ground, perfectly suited, distance perfectly suited and has previously won over CDG!

2 - I buy a horse. it's distance is estimated to be 1m 6f. I put him in a race he should easily win (as above or close approximation), and yes 7th/11. However, I look at his previous races to see he has been winning major races at 7f and 1 mile. OK I say, lets try that then. Yep - he's completely tailed off in last from start to finish!

It's all wrong and I'll pop back again in a couple of months to see if it's any better but in it's current state easy level is terrible.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:44 pm
Selling plater

To be fair,bookies love 66/1 and 100/1 winners.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:47 pm
Group 1 winner

They grow into their distances and may have a peak year after which they are rubbish, so as a 2yo that horse maybe great at say 7f to 1m by 3yo it’s more suited to 1.4m, and it is possible at this age and distance it is rubbish, just because a horse was good at a certain age does not mean it will be next year when older or when it matures into its distance.

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Distance indicator is also exactly that and indicator, I have 6f horses running their best at 1.2m and 1.2m horses staying 2m. You have to puzzle it out trial and error.

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:54 pm
Handicapper

Yes. Good old trial and error. Once a horse is looking far from good you have nothing to lose. Experiment with it. Watch out for improvement.

As feedback to the developer : Personally I don't want to see Easy mode getting too much easier - it needs to be a challenge. I have said on other threads that maybe there should be a Very Easy level for those with less time to play, and those looking for a pc game where winning pretty much all of the time is essential. SO7 as it stands really isn't that kind of game. If you win one race in five you are doing nicely, one in four is approaching amazing. So you have to be prepared for disappointments of all kinds most of the time - just like real horse racing. This needs to continue to be the case in current easy mode.

I would have thought a scenario of : introduce a Very Easy level - rename current Easy to normal - get rid of current Normal - leave Hard level as is, would cover most things that are needed across the board. With the current Easy sitting in the middle of the three, that would feel about right for me. New players would enjoy Very Easy and learn basics without getting blown away. As for Hard level, I have no idea what it presently consists of because from my experience current easy level is hard (and needs to remain relatively so) !

Presumably renaming current Easy to normal is achievable from a technology point of view to allow players already well into games to carry on unaffected. I appreciate making a Very Easy version would require substantial input from the developer.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:12 am
Handicapper

I'd look into a tier system such as Beginner/Novice/Advanced/Expert or similar as that style of language is often more useful than Easy/Normal/Hard. A 4th difficulty shouldn't be too difficult (no pun intended) to introduce, the beginner tier being the one where all the aids are included, the novice being like the old easy level, and rename normal and hard to advanced and expert respectively.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:34 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

It’s a matter of expectations, or more accurately wants. When I engage in a new sim I hope to be humbled at the outset and expect to be faced with a stiff learning curve, but then I lean heavily in the direction of realism and a sim easily mastered has a short life on my hard drive. I’m not even two complete seasons into the experience, but I can already see house rules are in my future. Any easier and it’ll join the extensive legion of my past poor digital choices.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:35 pm
Group 3 winner

marklaker wrote:
It’s a matter of expectations, or more accurately wants. When I engage in a new sim I hope to be humbled at the outset and expect to be faced with a stiff learning curve, but then I lean heavily in the direction of realism and a sim easily mastered has a short life on my hard drive. I’m not even two complete seasons into the experience, but I can already see house rules are in my future. Any easier and it’ll join the extensive legion of my past poor digital choices.

Then use that will power and dont select "easy", simple. :)

Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:58 am
Handicapper

Jango wrote:
marklaker wrote:

Then use that will power and dont select "easy", simple. :)

I never select the easy setting for any sim. Thought I'd implied as much in my previous post.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:24 pm
Group 3 winner

marklaker wrote:

I never select the easy setting for any sim. Thought I'd implied as much in my previous post.

Yep you did. I didnt read correctly. :?

Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:53 am
Selling plater

hello guys,
i have just got a new pc and i wanted to install starters orders 7 on it as i already have it on my old laptop using steam but when i downloaded it and then downloaded the startit mod i noticed when i downloaded the mod when i went into starters orders 7 folder there was no 3d folder or courses folder anymore so i had no idea where to copy and paste the mod into yet they were there many times before when i have put the game on my old laptop and pc yet after i tried to do that on my new pc i looked in the folder on my laptop and those 2 folders are not there also yet on my laptop i still have the startit mod so i was wondering has starters orders changed these folders to different names , any help would be great thanks

Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next