View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Graphics Cards 
Handicapper

Post Graphics Cards
Hi All,

Will a Asus Phoenix GTX 1650 OC 4GB GDDR6 graphics card run starters orders 6 and starters orders 7 on the highest setting?

Thanks in advance,
Yasmin

Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:26 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Graphics Cards
Ran fine on my works laptop which is a low spec so sure you’ll be fine

Don’t even need the game on max settings in all honesty

Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:18 am
Handicapper

I play SO7 on an Asus ROG Strix G531 , intel core i5 - 9300H processor, quad core, 2.40 GHz , 8GB ram, 512GB storage, microsoft windows 10. With GeForce GTX 1650 graphics. I have nothing but problems on any setting bar low.

Regular crashes on high settings. Even on low settings the game crashes at the larger racecourses - notably Aintree. I have learnt to save after every race/event and now mostly play with all race features turned off, because the aggravation gets highly annoying. Cuzer is right about the max settings not really being needed - I don't miss almost daily snow from Oct to April, the cardboard cut outs in the crowd, nor a big screen as I get to the finishing line. It is more important to me to keep crashes to a minimum. Just in case you use Steam, I have also never been able to launch the game without the sound disabled (again not a problem to me as I don't enjoy the commentary).

Other pc games with high power requirements run fine - just SO7 that doesn't. Can't advise about SO6 as I have never played it. Maybe the graphics card you have mentioned is different to mine.

Hope this helps. All I would say is that more recent laptaps/graphics do not necessarily enable you to play SO7 to its full potential.

Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:29 pm
Handicapper

Long Haul Harry wrote:
I play SO7 on an Asus ROG Strix G531 , intel core i5 - 9300H processor, quad core, 2.40 GHz , 8GB ram, 512GB storage, microsoft windows 10. With GeForce GTX 1650 graphics. I have nothing but problems on any setting bar low.

Regular crashes on high settings. Even on low settings the game crashes at the larger racecourses - notably Aintree. I have learnt to save after every race/event and now mostly play with all race features turned off, because the aggravation gets highly annoying. Cuzer is right about the max settings not really being needed - I don't miss almost daily snow from Oct to April, the cardboard cut outs in the crowd, nor a big screen as I get to the finishing line. It is more important to me to keep crashes to a minimum. Just in case you use Steam, I have also never been able to launch the game without the sound disabled (again not a problem to me as I don't enjoy the commentary).

Other pc games with high power requirements run fine - just SO7 that doesn't. Can't advise about SO6 as I have never played it. Maybe the graphics card you have mentioned is different to mine.

Hope this helps. All I would say is that more recent laptaps/graphics do not necessarily enable you to play SO7 to its full potential.

Thanks. This below is the link to what as been recommended when I upgrade in January:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Graphics-Cards/PH-GTX1650S-O4G/

Don’t know whether it’s the same one?

Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:56 pm
Handicapper

I am not savvy enough to know how much different it is, but did notice immediately that it is faster than my version. I should point out that speed has not been the reason why I have problems with SO7 - my fps sits consistently at 60. But the game still crashes. I spent so many hours messing about with the graphic card settings but in the end just had to give up. I concluded that SO7 is not fully compatible with the better graphics options on the market.

I bought my kit earlier this year and I think you would be getting the very latest version. I am sure you will be delighted with the graphics it produces because they are excellent, even at low setting. But you may be left in the same situation as me, that is to say having to play with features off and constant saving in case it randomly crashes. I am left wondering just how many SO7 fans do play with settings at max all the time. And more importantly, what graphics they have to run the game crash free.

Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:41 am
Handicapper

Long Haul Harry wrote:
I am not savvy enough to know how much different it is, but did notice immediately that it is faster than my version. I should point out that speed has not been the reason why I have problems with SO7 - my fps sits consistently at 60. But the game still crashes. I spent so many hours messing about with the graphic card settings but in the end just had to give up. I concluded that SO7 is not fully compatible with the better graphics options on the market.

I bought my kit earlier this year and I think you would be getting the very latest version. I am sure you will be delighted with the graphics it produces because they are excellent, even at low setting. But you may be left in the same situation as me, that is to say having to play with features off and constant saving in case it randomly crashes. I am left wondering just how many SO7 fans do play with settings at max all the time. And more importantly, what graphics they have to run the game crash free.

Thanks for your advice, I’ll see how it goes. It’s all I can do. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]