View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Unraced 3yos 
Group 2 winner

Post Unraced 3yos
Hi All,

Just a few things. Its so frustrating that every unraced 3yo I run just finishes tailed off last in its 1st run and a lot of the time on its 2nd run. Just wundering if its just me or everyone else. I get that horses run green but not everyone.

And another the preferred distance for the horse. Its never right, every horse stays further so seems a wasted feature. I get horses outrun breeding sometimes but it seems every horse. Again just me or every else too?

Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:15 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Unraced 3yos
Preferred distance rarely has any bearing on a horse. I am pretty sure this is something that comes from the sire\dam best races. I ignore this statistic.

When deciding what race to enter a horse into for it's first race I look at the stamina bar. Again this is not a good indicator but a place to start when placing horses. My best 3m 4f horse just won a league race over 3m 4f and her stamina bar is only 50%. I always look at the jockey comments after the horses first race. The comments are a better indicator of stepping a horse up in distance or vice versa.

This next point I am not 100% sure of but I find if I place a horse for its first race in too high a calibre race it very rarely does well. I race all my horses as 2yo just to get the greenness out of them and always in a maiden or novice race.

Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]