View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Wrong-way Filly 
Handicapper

Post Wrong-way Filly
Playing US flats and one of my two year old fillies "struggled turning left handed" in her first two races. Can I expect her to find her way eventually?

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:37 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Wrong-way Filly
Nope.

No training option in the game will get her to like that lead. And i think it is potentially hereditary in the game too.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:23 pm
Handicapper

Shame. She has the second highest potential among the fillies from my first home bred crop. Definitely complicates her future. I'll keep her lightly raced this year and hope she develops to the point she can be compete in overseas stakes next season. The genetic component is interesting. It would have to be in her dam's line. Her sire is a grade I winner with success in the US, who's sired four stakes winners with their own success going left. Her dam was lightly raced in the US and Supernova is her first foal. Her second foal, also mine, is my highest rated yearling filly, so if it is genetic, I'm hoping it skips a breeding. :)

Thanks for weighing-in!

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:43 pm
Group 3 winner

I would still attempt to breed it out. Hopefully half her progeny lose the trait and with luck it`s the good half, not sure if when bred out that it can come back but my guess is it's only a small chance. So if you breed a good stallion without the trait you would be pretty much good to go. And as you say, can try overseas options for the good ones that have the trait.

I hate that it even affects sprinters on a straight track.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]