View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 How Many Use the Occulus Rift When Riding their Own Horses? 
Selling plater

Post How Many Use the Occulus Rift When Riding their Own Horses?
Hi forum members.
How many of you use the occulus rift when riding your own stable horses in races?
I recently acquired a rift from my son when he upgraded and that is the reason I am curious.
Hopefully I'm not the only person.

If there are others, what do you think of the experience?
For me I felt it was very immersive and for those that do not have a rift you only use the device when asked to put it on your head before riding your horse.
Everything else is done the normal way with mouse and keyboard.

Mark, this is a great inclusion/extra that the game offers.
It's okay the way it is, although I do have to make sure I have my gamepad controller in my lap ready to go or stumble about a bit with finding the right keys on the keyboard before the starting gates open.
In my mind the only thing that would make this option better would be to add touch controller support. So that you can pull the reins left, right. and either pull back back or urge forward in a pumping action like a real jockey.
The whip too could also be a circular action on one side of your body.

Love to hear anyone else's thoughts.

Now beefore I get told off good and proper by people who don't have a rift or those that are thinking just be happy with what you've been given, this is just a suggestion. I'm pretty sure, considering what can be done with touch controllers in other virtual games and experiences, that these suggested actions are not that impossible. In fact the way virtual reality is leaping forward these days Mark may even heartily consider it as rift users seem to love using controllers to act as there hands.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:46 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: How Many Use the Occulus Rift When Riding their Own Hors
Haven't seen you for a very long time Wingding, I am glad that your back on the forum friend, and I have to say it again friend, I was out off line that day and I am so sorry, don't stop coming in the forum mate as you are a true gentleman, and a great deal can be learned from you.
Occulus Rift, never tried it Wingding as I don't ride my horses but I have a friend that plays the game that uses it and their happy with the product.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:17 am
Selling plater

Hello Tomas.
No need to apologise, my absence from these forums has not been anything to do with you buddy.

Good to hear that there are other rift users out there.
Thought I may have been the only one that used it.
As for the game, I still dabble now and then with the racecourse editor.
In fact I've even gone back to the old Jockey Rush game as it's far more suited to using the Occulus Rift as it is a pure riding experience.

Just today I was back into a project I started a good while back, Victoria's 'Cranbourne' Racecourse.
I loved the idea of it in both Starters Orders and Jockey Rush as it was a tri-code track that could and has hosted thoroughbreds, pacers and greyhounds on the very same evening.
Not that we could race either pacers or greyhounds in Mark's game of course.
I just personally thought that this type of track could look visually stunning even with Mark's older style graphics setup.
Whenever I finish it!

Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:59 am
Group 2 winner

Mate I always love your work when it came to race course creation, it's all class mate.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]