View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Australian Style Objects for the Editor 
Selling plater

Post Australian Style Objects for the Editor
Hi guys.
Trying of late to make some new 3D objects to include in Starters Orders 7 and share with other users.
These will be finished objects that players can place in existing courses, quite easily.
A process that will be much easier than creating a completely new course.

Items included will be customisable winning post decorations for those who wish to hide the red lollipop finishing stick.
A stewards viewing tower, new tree types and many other things to add variety.
I use the free version of Sketchup Make to create models before converting them for use in Starters Orders 7.
Just this evening I was working on gum and eucalypt trees for Australian courses.
Take a look at this mock up example and let me know if you are interested to know more.
If not, no problem.

I also started making the unusual entry point for my home racecourse because it can be seen clearly as the horses enter the home stretch when in riding mode.

Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:39 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Australian Style Objects for the Editor
I truly love you work Wingding, God your so good mate, wish I can do that what you did above, keep it up mate, put your work on here mate I just love looking at it.

Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:33 pm
Selling plater

Hi Tomas.
Thanks for the comment.
I know a lot of users of Starters Orders are more into their season play by simulating the racing rather than watching or riding, so with that in mind my posts will be aimed more at those that like to watch the game visuals.
Particularly if you still also like to play Jockey Rush, as I do. As the new course visuals are a great addition to that game.

I thought of supplying 3D models that include graphic files that users can edit to create their own style.
The models themselves couldn't be changed of course, but the advertising or images on them could ...... to reflect a particular track maybe.
Much like I did above with Warwick Farm's winning post.
Also just so you know, these winning post decorations do not replace the games official lollipop post as this is created by the game as its loading.
Instead the editor shows a red and white checked box which can be used to line up where the 3D model post needs to be placed.
If done correctly it masks the old post completely.

Below is how I thought I'd supply a left and right handed winning post model.
This model has 4 coloured graphics included that could be edited to personalize its use.

Here are some posts I've created for Australia already.

Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:24 am
Selling plater

Hi all.
Well here's the first completed 3d model ready for use in the Racecourse editor.
It's a carpark model.
Currently in the editor cars aren't that great and they have to be placed individually as well.
I believe this carpark looks a little more organised and blends better with the games graphics.

The file is 504kb's.
Just unzip the file and place the Carpark folder inside the STANDS folder located in Starters Orders 7 and you'll have access to the model in the Racecourse Editor.
New link can be found further on in the post.

Last edited by Wingding on Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:44 am
Handicapper

These are great, please keep the, coming

I love SO7 and often ride my horses over jumps which I feel really adds a new and enjoyable dimension to the game

It’s a shame a tad more effort wasn’t put into this and the graphics as it could take the game to a new audience IMO

I love specific landmarks when racing in Paris, Dubai etc so more of these city landscapes will really add to the authenticity

Thanks again

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:33 am
Selling plater

Hi Cuzer.
Yes Starters Orders is a great game and riding horses is quite thrilling, and now I have a first generation Oculus Rift its even better.

As for the 3D modeling, this all came about when Mark finally gave into my pestering him about the games 3D file format.
I told him I was interested in tying to make more models as the in game set is a bit limited and eventually he set up a way for me and others if interested to convert our own models to a format that the game can read.
It is a tricky process to get right as the game engine is pretty limited and there is a definite limit to how many polygons and faces objects can have and this can cause frustration when trying to be creative.
Still, it is what it is and I am very grateful for all Mark's help.

I hear you about city landmarks and I agree that 3D models, rather than backround images of landmarks, would look better and eventually I probably will create some.

Tonight I've finished another model for the game that I was working on.
It's an actual Bus Stop.
I thought if I have a carpark I might as well have a bus stop too. lol
Instructions for use are the same.
Enjoy New link can be found further on in the post.

Last edited by Wingding on Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:28 pm
Selling plater

Hi.
Currently I'm working on different style houses more suited to a place like Australia.
I will just add them to the number of building objects Mark already supplies us.
Not ready yet though.

p.s Also just keep in mind that when I show object images from the racetrack editor they can look a lot more pixelated than when they are rendered in the game.
My Eucalyptus trees are a prime example, In the game they look good, in the editor they look like dead twigs. lol
You can see them behind the houses, and rendered in the very first image of this whole post.

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:33 am
Handicapper

These are great, i will defo be using these.

Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:26 am
Selling plater

Hi again.
Here are the finished pack of 10 Aussie Houses
New link can be found further on in the post.

They need to be unzipped and placed in the Buildings folder in Starters Orders 7 where they will blend in with Mark's original building files.
They will not overwrite any of the original game files.

Last edited by Wingding on Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:53 pm
Selling plater

Hi.
Here are two winning post decorations.
One for a left hand course and one for a right hand course.
Unzip the two folders and place them in the Stands folder in Starters Orders 7 and they will become available in the racecourse editor
You can change the images in any of the graphics files but do not change any of the file names or format.
Enjoy.

Left Handed Course Post - New link can be found further on in the post.
Right Handed Course Post - New link can be found further on in the post.

Last edited by Wingding on Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:26 am
Handicapper

I'm getting a file not found error on all the links? Would you mind checking?

Cheers

Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:18 pm
Selling plater

Hi again.
Didn't realise that those previous links were only available for a maximum of 5 days before they were automatically deleted.
These Google Drive links below should be available for a good deal longer than that.

Also please note that Starters Orders isn't really setup in folder structure for any additional 3D models.
That is why I have created most new models in their own folder.
These types of models need to be stored in the 'Stands' folder to become available in the Racecourse Editor.
There is an exception however and that is the new Aussie building models and these can simply be unzipped and added to Marks 'Buildings' folder
They will not overwrite any of his existing building files.
Enjoy.
p.s - I'll add more links below for 3D models soon.

Aussie Houses https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mLOtG3tTimTbzWcCddq-7kle-8HElX63/view?usp=sharing

Bus Stop https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m-IDWBsY6r4YFkgXDHITNEw3JXXUsJFb/view?usp=sharing

CarPark https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G6CmA8lvOeb8MxQUaFIA9WQnlwiLpa7e/view?usp=sharing

Eucalyptus Tree 1 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPXVaJn159eueo_nA_CC7MpveIiZi9Bv/view?usp=sharing

Eucalyptus Tree 2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m3T6sy06uw-hX8p9AWt9LX3w4mizN-I-/view?usp=sharing

Eucalyptus Tree 3 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nEtfx0ULR11dw2OzV2Dq8mj9HGxAZ8bv/view?usp=sharing

Winning Post for a Left Handed Track https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iMDnEPV_dI1BdQ4vGJH2sqKRpneg02P9/view?usp=sharing

Winning Post for a Right Handed Track https://drive.google.com/file/d/19aK9JzQX0hWH2aiapcqjymNrZV-2FcpF/view?usp=sharing

Horsefloat https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zl2XD3av--4GGA2Q2yQCJw77ZxBwNU3E/view?usp=sharing

Horse Trailer https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QUIphSKWiyORNh5iXcq5AO7jZO8YGYfk/view?usp=sharing

Stewards Tower https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wcqGJ4Nr_y67UdNxRSRt-_2Tu7efymkn/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by Wingding on Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:37 am
Handicapper

Hi, thanks for these

Excuse my ignorance but do you need to make these changes yourself using the editor to get them to work in the SO7 game? I’ve never used the editor I was hoping to copy them to the game folders but am I right in saying you can’t do that? Maybe with the exception of the Aussie house models, is that correct?

Thanks in advance

Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:49 pm
Selling plater

Hi Cuzer.
These extra 3D model files I've made are completely separate from the game objects so they can be safely placed in the folders I mentioned without disturbing any of the games original files.
So copy away!!!

As for using them, yes the editor is required.
Is the editor scary, I'd say only if you are trying to make a course from scratch.
All we are trying to do here is place new models in existing courses and when you know how to do that it will become 2nd nature.
As long as you follow the golden rules. lol!

I could go on for hours mate so instead I'll make a video and post it on youtube for anyone interested.
I'll also place a link to it here tomorrow.
It will show you how to place these objects in a course and how to save them correctly so that they show up in Starters Orders.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:16 pm
Selling plater

Hi guys.
I've made a video regarding using the new 3D objects in the racecourse editor.
Hopefully it will answer most questions you have.
If not just ask away and I'll try to answer whatever bothers you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwU1OGYUgM8&feature=youtu.be

Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next