View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Help! I cannot load my saved game! 
Selling plater

Post Help! I cannot load my saved game!
Good afternoon all,

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I have not been able to find a solution on the boards.

All of a sudden, I cannot load my saved game. I'm in my 8th season and when I click on my saved game in slot 1 (thats my only saved game), it looks like it is loading up, but then the entire application abruptly shuts down and I am kicked back to my windows desktop. There is no error message or anything. I've checked "Documents > Starters Orders 7 > Saves" and my "1.sav" file is there.

I tried clicking on the backup icon towards the right side of the screen, but nothing happens when I click on it.

If anyone knows a solution to this problem, I'd greatly appreciate the feedback. I am one that frequently saves my game, so I don't mind starting at a less recent save point if that is an option for me. Please help!

-Charles

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:57 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Help! I cannot load my saved game!
Just a little bit of extra info..

I only have one mod (Start It) and I installed that mod before I created my game.

It looks like my 1.bak file and my 1.sav file are identical to each other (same file size and same date modified). Perhaps this explains why when I'm at the Load Game screen, my "backup" file (towards the right side) does not have a date associated with it. It just says "backup" and clicking on the red disk to its left does not do anything.

I've never never screwed around with the files before I encountered this problem. My fear is that something went wrong the last time I saved and exited the game and the .sav and .bak files are now corrupt (although nothing appeared wrong at the time of last save).

Sucks cuz I am brand new to the Starters Orders series. I bought the game from this site in December and this was my very first game. Through a ton of buying low and selling high, I was finally able to get the breeding barn towards the end of my 7th season. I've done all manual training, so it took hundreds of hours to get to this point. I hope I didn't lose it all on a bad save.

After scouring the message boards here, I tried the suggestion of renaming the .bak file to .sav and replacing the old .sav with the renamed one. No luck. Again, this must be because my .sav and .bak files seem to be identical to each other.

I also tried right-clicking on the "saves" file and restoring to previous version. The problem is the previous version has today's date. The last time I saved my game was about four days ago.

Again, if anybody has any information that could help me out, I'd be super grateful for it. Fingers crossed.

-Charles

Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:05 am
Group 3 winner

"so it took hundreds of hours to get to this point."

I feel for you so much.

But it looks bad.

Looks like it's gone.

RIP! Sorry!

Fubar! Start again.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:38 am
Group 1 winner

Hi Cbatts,

You could try and save your game into another slot by copying the original files and adding 2 instead of 1.

Copy these files to another folder on your desktop and change the 1 to a 2 and then copy them back into your saved folder. This will create a second saved game from your original one.

These are the files you need to copy and change to 2 below. If this doesn't work your game could be corrupt and you most likely have to start again.

1.sav
1.sax
1.bak
1.btag
del1.tag
ext1.sav
in1.idx
o1.idx

It future backup all your saved games and your HDB files for any horses your export to a separate folder.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:57 am
Handicapper

Hi Cbatts,

I think you said your using Start It?

Have you selected the mod from drop down menu before trying to open the save?

Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]