View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Haven't Played in a While 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Haven't Played in a While
AS far as SO7 is concerned, the breeding is still vary hard, I reckon on a good season in my flat game I get about 10% of the foals are worth while keeping. In my NH game I am less picky and get about 25% of the foals are worth keeping.

I have sent a PM to you about SO6

Jim

Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:29 am
Handicapper

Breeding is very challenging, but not anywhere near what you eluded to in your post. At least not in my experience. Using strictly game sires and auction bought broodmares of average to above average quality, my first crop of 27 yearlings has so far produced a grade I, a grade II, and 2 grade III's through their 3 year old season, with expectations of maybe two more grade IIIs before all is said and done. My second crop of 30 has so far produced a grade I two year old filly of the year and a grade III through their two year old season, with expectations of three more graded winners before their careers are concluded. My third crop are just now starting their two year old seasons so they're still a mystery. I upgraded my broodmare quality, but mostly bred them to my own handful of unproven stallions so I'm curious to see the results. Good luck to you!

Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:57 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Also how do I even download SO6? I have the original email with my key but neither of the links work. One leads me to a page that wants me to buy the game through Steam (even though I already bought the game) and the other says the download has been removed.

Links were changed when some website re-organisation was done. Just email in and you will be sent updated links.

Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:45 am
Selling plater

marklaker wrote:
Breeding is very challenging, but not anywhere near what you eluded to in your post. At least not in my experience. Using strictly game sires and auction bought broodmares of average to above average quality, my first crop of 27 yearlings has so far produced a grade I, a grade II, and 2 grade III's through their 3 year old season, with expectations of maybe two more grade IIIs before all is said and done. My second crop of 30 has so far produced a grade I two year old filly of the year and a grade III through their two year old season, with expectations of three more graded winners before their careers are concluded. My third crop are just now starting their two year old seasons so they're still a mystery. I upgraded my broodmare quality, but mostly bred them to my own handful of unproven stallions so I'm curious to see the results. Good luck to you!

Hi, when you say average to above average, what sort of stats are you looking for? Thanks, Chris

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:02 pm
Handicapper

bluechris69 wrote:
marklaker wrote:

Hi, when you say average to above average, what sort of stats are you looking for? Thanks, Chris

I was talking primarily about potential. That first season I bought cheap mares at the auctions who's race records and pedigrees offered perhaps a hint of possibilities. Potentials ranged from 50-65, with various degrees of speed and cruising burst. I bred them with the highest AEI GI's I could afford and hoped for the best. As my wallet fattened, I bought higher rated mares with even greater possibilities at the auctions and then added mares I bought as two year olds and raced under my silks before sending to the breeding shed and pairing with the elite AI stallions. A handful of my stakes winning home breds were mated to a Horse of the Year game sire.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]