View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 finishes feel unrealistic 
Selling plater

Post finishes feel unrealistic
Im finding it hard to care about watching races anymore

so many times i see my horse in the top 5 maybe just under 2f out and still end up 8th 9th or if its a big handicap outside the top 15

my horse will be there every chance and than regardless of quality it just weakens heavily for no reason

just now my G1 Miler ran in the Lockinge was 3l clear 2f out 2 clear 1f out

any guesses where it ended up? top 3 surely right

9th

how am i supposed to care when it dosent matter what happens till the last 2f

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:25 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: finishes feel unrealistic
I sometimes wonder whether players are playing a different game to the one I am. Sure, if I enter a horse that is possibly not the class of the race it is in then it will run as you describe, sometimes they'll surprise and run well. However, when horses run in races that they should be competitive in then they are competitive. I don't expect to win, or run well, in every race, but, more often than not, horses tend to run to form.

If a horse runs in a race where it is unlikely to win then they do tend to be prominent until one or two furlongs out and then fade, just as outclassed runners do in real life.

I've had horses that I've been able to place in races to sneak a listed or group win, but, when they then run against true listed or group horses, then they tend to get well beaten, as they should.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:17 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: finishes feel unrealistic
I can only comment about SO6 - I don't think form wise there is much difference - I found that in game, some G1's didn't carry the same form as others.
If my horse won the big G1 races, that form would carry over into all the other G1 races but if I had a horse that won a G1 that didn't carry that much prestige, they tended to struggle in those famous G1 races.
I also found that fillies and mares might be unstoppable racing against their own sex and winning G1 fillies/mares races but that form didn't always carry over into open class G1 races.

Outside of that it sounds like you're on the right path, it just might be a case of you need to keep breeding to improve your stock.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]