View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Staff, amount, wages, feed? 
Selling plater

Post Staff, amount, wages, feed?
Hello, I can't seem to find this info anywhere: how much does it matter the level of wages, amount of staff, and feed quality? I ask because the wages and staff amounts (and to lesser degree the stable rent) are killing me. Do they make your horses run better?

Right now it seems to only pay to keep horses that can consistently place well in Conditions races or higher (I am playing a USA schedule). Handicap winnings just aren't cutting it. My costs are about $12,000 a week once I started breeding, and it seems any horse that isn't bringing in more than $25,000 or so a month might as well be sold. I wanted to play a small stable, and financially that seems to be a losing proposition. Thoughts?

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:43 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Staff, amount, wages, feed?
From my own experience playing with manual training, I've noticed that either the staff wages, level, or feed quality (or all of the three, can't tell which as I always upgrade them together) improve horses recovery time after a race and generally how fast they get fit (and maybe how long they can stay fit without the bar going down but I'm not so sure about that). Also in the game's instruction it's said that better feed can help reduce risk of some injuries.
Are these things worth upgrading when you have to count every penny? Probably not, maybe when you get the first truly good horse.

Sadly the financial system is pretty broken in my view and if you want to play a "small stable" you might be up for a challenge depending on what exactly do you mean by that. I'm pretty sure most people cheat to get their money, if by "small stable" you mean total number of horses including breeding mares then it's gonna be hard as breeding is the easiest way to get heaps of cash. Sure it's manageable to get rich without cheating and I've done that on several saves however in my view you need more luck than skill for that to happen.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]