View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Is the PC game dying on its feet? 
Group 3 winner

Post Is the PC game dying on its feet?
There is no activity on the forum any more.
There are few meaningful updates to the game (promised improvements after release have just not been done)
Mark appears to be concentrating on trying to break into the mobile market, fair enough it's his company, but if that fails why neglect the PC crew?
Maybe everyone is tired of horse racing when there's so much other stuff to grab your fancy
Any thoughts?

Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:53 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Is the PC game dying on its feet?
I agree, very disappointed with the lack of amendments. Giving up on SO7. :-(

Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:49 am
Group 2 winner

neves_rats wrote:
There are few meaningful updates to the game (promised improvements after release have just not been done)
Mark appears to be concentrating on trying to break into the mobile market, fair enough it's his company, but if that fails why neglect the PC crew?
Maybe everyone is tired of horse racing when there's so much other stuff to grab your fancy
Any thoughts?

Mark hasn't given up on the Starters Orders PC game neves_rats, you will see in good time, just give him time to work on it, something very special is coming in the near future.

Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:59 am
Handicapper

I’m glad you’ve said that as if Mark really tried to improve what we have now for SO8, both gameplay and graphically there really is the basis of a top, top game here

Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:26 pm
Group 3 winner

Tomas wrote:
neves_rats wrote:
Any thoughts?

Mark hasn't given up on the Starters Orders PC game neves_rats, you will see in good time, just give him time to work on it, something very special is coming in the near future.

Differing opinions are allowed Tomas. From my perspective the game is dying a slow death, I hope I'm wrong, but nothing leads me currently to believe differently.

And it is a shame because as Cuzer said, there is a great game in there, it just needs certain improvements from what we have.

Unless Mark has messaged you personally, I fail to see where your optimism comes from.

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:06 pm
Group 2 winner

Hi neves_rats your right, I am not against what you believe friend.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:54 am
Handicapper

neves_rats wrote:
Any thoughts?

There is or will be a mobile version of SO 7?? Playing SO 7 on my PC will be the biggest workout it has gotten since I started buying Samsung tablets a few years ago! Would love to play SO on my tablet. Since I retired I rarely walk into my home office.

Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:10 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

The Forum is quiet but the game is doing OK only Thing that can make a difference is Online Play but Mark is not Sony or any big Software Company.

The online League keeps me interested I know some guys dont like that but the game becomes boring once your always winning everything perhaps some who never played the online League should give it a Go. Welcome back Jim I think you left before i joined this forum but read some posts on the old forum and remember reading some of your posts.

Gray

Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Hi SimpleMinds is there a page about online play Rules entries etc?

Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:45 pm
Group 1 winner

silkcut2463 wrote:
Hi SimpleMinds is there a page about online play Rules entries etc?

Hi you need to Check out This section On tyhe online League Discussion Page. - viewforum.php?f=16

If You Just Want Flat League Rules - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17069

If you want NH League Rules viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16994

How to Join The League - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16901

Gray

Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Cheers
Thx for that am i right export saves are saved to a different folder as i cant seem to see an export in my Starters Orders folder ?

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:19 pm
Group 1 winner

silkcut2463 wrote:
Cheers
Thx for that am i right export saves are saved to a different folder as i cant seem to see an export in my Starters Orders folder ?

When you export in your stable they go to Your Construction Kit on your Front Page The Globe with Red Stripes and arrows on the Bottom Right First Symbol Click in That you can Create Races to see which of your Exported horses are the Best and in the other Symbol click in the view and Manage your exports once you know which horses are your Best You need to export them again. Then you will find them in your Export Documents in the Folder called League horses.

Gray

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

I'm relatively new to the game and I'm enjoying the game and search the form to answers to the many questions I have. Thus far I've made far more money betting on races than from my horses but my mares first crop are only yearlings. Maybe in the future I will start winning more lucrative races.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]